Chef De Partie
· To assist in keeping tight control over food %.
· To be aware at all times of the food cost and spend as a % of sales.
· To monitor stock movement( stock rotation ), to ensure stock security.
· To ensure as minimum wastage.
· To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
· To assist in monthly stock check.
· To actively promote employees’ involvement and understanding of Food as part of the Hotels culture.
· To assist in the provision of training and development for employees in kitchen procedures.
· To ensure that the area of work is fully stocked and setting an example for commis chefs under leadership.
· To assist in the basic training for all new members of staff. Service and Product.
· To ensure knowledge of the product, client relationships and services are maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
· To ensure effective daily communication with F&B, Reception, and Meetings.
· To be aware of the security of stock, access and keys at all times.
· To maintain levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
· To ensure that the HCCP sheets are filled out on a daily basis
· To avoid wastage at all times, and ensure it is stored securely and safely.
· To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
· To run the section to the company’s standards.
· To follow all statutory regulations.
· To uphold the conditions of food hygiene policies.
· To work to the LGH Priorities.
· Be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
· To observe that all-statutory regulation and comply with these requirements.
· To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the staff handbook.