Food & Beverage
Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members Golf and Country Clubs, famous for its outstanding three Championship golf courses, in addition to a luxury Tennis & Health Club. The Club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where many of the world’s premier golfers have their home.
We currently have an opening for a permanent Kitchen Porter to assist with daily cleaning of the kitchen and food preparation areas in our main Kitchen and our Tennis & Health centre. You will be responsible for ensuring that the highest hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
40 hours per week, 10 hour shifts 4 day a week working pattern. Plus gratuities, on-site parking available.
Key Areas of Activity
• To clean all kitchen and food preparation areas.
• To clean kitchen equipment, cooking utensils, and food trolleys.
• To clean dishwashers.
• To load and empty dishwashers in the main kitchen after use.
• To lift and move kitchen equipment in accordance with manual handling guidance.
• To clean all catering designated areas and ensure that hygiene practices are maintained.
• Follow training guidelines to correctly deep clean the kitchen structures, including heavy-duty machinery.
• To clean rubbish bins and dispose of rubbish in line with requirements.
• To polish silver service items and store appropriately.
• To polish plates to the chef’s requirements.
• To erect and clean gas BBQs as and when required.
• To store all clean items of kitchen equipment in designated areas.
• To carry out duties in a timely, organized way according to the cleaning schedule and at all times adhere to food hygiene safety standards /procedures and COSHH regulations.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter in a hotel or restaurant, would be beneficial but not essential
• A self-motivated and hardworking individual who is a team player
• An individual with impeccable cleaning standards, who is dedicated in maintaining a safe and pleasant environment
Key Personal Attributes & Behaviours
• Able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the Club.
• Ability to work independently and use initiative
• Demonstrate great teamwork
• Flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of the business
• Attention to detail, ability to spot and correct errors.
• Previous similar experience within a 5* luxury hotel or restaurant environment is desirable
• Interest and passion for learning
We offer training and career development for anyone starting a career in hospitality or looking to take the next step.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Wentworth Club is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wentworth Club.
• Company Bonus Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme with Standard Life
• Enhanced Company Sick Pay, Maternity and Paternity
• Employee meals provided
• Corporate Gym and Spa Membership at the Berystede Hotel
• Birthday leave – 1-day paid time off
• Our online communication forum keeps you up-to date
• Comprehensive online courses and apprenticeships available
• Cash Plan with WPA
• Reward & Recognition schemes
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Use of Golf and Tennis Facilities
• 40% discount on all food items in the Tennis & Health Club Café and the Wentworth Dining Restaurant
• 20% discount in the Spa and Pro Shop
• Company social events