Banquet, Meeting & Events Operations Supervisor
Food & Beverage
Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members Golf and Country Clubs, famous for its outstanding three Championship golf courses, in addition to a luxury Tennis & Health Club. The Club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where many of the world’s premier golfers have their home.
An opportunity has arisen for a passionate Banqueting Operations Supervisor to join the F&B team to deliver variety of events within the Wentworth Club, whilst delivery the highest of standards. The successful candidate will work closely with the Event Managers.
• Ensure all event spaces are set up according to the details specified on the function’s sheets.
• Supervise assigned events and liaise with the Event Managers on changes to original instructions, ensuring that all changes are made seamlessly.
• To communicate with all relevant departments as to any changes made by the function organiser
• To assist in ensuring that function bills are posted correctly by verifying that any “extra” services or products sold to a function are clearly noted.
• To work closely with the Training Manager to provide support with casual workers training.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all functions room to ensure that they are left clean and tidy state and ready for viewing for show rounds
• To ensure that all casual employees are fully briefed for all events.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Previous experience in a similar event role, or an experienced Event Operations Assistant.
• Ideally experience within a luxury hotel or private members club environment
• Strong communication skills with a desire to ensure that all associates build an engaging rapport with our members and their guests.
• Have a can-do attitude.
• Competitive pay
• Company Bonus Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme with Standard Life
• Enhanced Company Sick Pay
• Corporate Gym and Spa Membership at the Berystede Hotel
• Birthday leave – 1-day paid time off
• Our online communication forum keeping you up-to date and comprehensive online courses
• Cash Plan with WPA
• Private Health Insurance for HOD level and above with Vitality Health
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Use of Golf and Tennis Facilities
• 40% discount on all food items in the Tennis & Health Club Café and the Wentworth Dining Restaurant
• 20% discount in the Spa and Pro Shop
• Company social events