Supervisor- Driifield-16 Hours
We're part of the Yorkshire market town community which boasts a wealth of independent shops and taverns.
Does customer service excite you?
Do you like working as part of a team and supporting each other?
Can you help lead and drive our business forward?
Are you good at multitasking?
If the answer to all of these is yes, and you want to be part of an expanding family feel company, then you might be just what we are looking for!
Still Interested? Well keep reading ……
About the role
Help manage a team that works together to achieve targets and provide a fantastic shopping experience to our valued customers. As a Supervisor, you will help the Shop management team to lead and motivate a team to achieve sales targets, to control stock and meet high standards of customer service, display and hygiene. You will need to encourage a hardworking but fun environment in which your team members can fulfil their potential.
We strive to provide a friendly and positive place to work where there are endless possibilities for progression if you want it. We are also committed to training and helping you to develop the skills you need to fulfil your true potential.
You will also be willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved with each area of the shop, including preparing food, serving on the till, making eye-catching displays and keeping the shop clean and tidy. You will be given plenty of support and training along the way.
• Deliver a swift and friendly service to every customer consistently
• Achieve high standards to meet customers’ expectations
• Support the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager to lead and motivate a team to achieve sales targets, to control stock and meet high standards of customer service, display and hygiene
• Support and develop the team alongside development and training
• Responsible for running shifts throughout the week and covering holidays if and when necessary, cashing up and opening and closing the shop
• Encourage a hardworking but fun environment in which your team members can fulfil their potential
• Prepare food, handle money, use the till and keep displays vibrant and the shop clean and tidy
• Work on the ovens, baking pies, pasties and a range of hot food – when required
• Upsell appropriately to customers to increase shop sales
• Support profit protection through effective cost control
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Proven track record of experience in customer service, ideally in a retail or catering background
• Ability to retain and remember orders for an efficient and swift customer experience
• Ability to multi-task and work as a team for the successful running of your shop
• Efficient planning, organisational and numeracy skills
• Leadership skills to inspire your team to deliver great results
• Ability to be self-motivated and enthusiastic about Cooplands and our sales
• Excellent communication skills
• Minimum 1 year experience in management role, ideally in retail or catering industry
Hours: 16+hrs per week
Shifts: To work Sundays from 9am – 4pm and 2-3 other shifts during the week between 7.30am -5pm
Are you who we have been waiting for? Apply today!
30% staff discount, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) to start, rising up to 33 days with long service, You will automatically join our pension scheme which is a great way to save for retirement and benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages