Catering Sales Manager
Competitive + Benefits
Hotel Indigo Vinings, Atlanta 30339
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Responsible for increasing revenue through the development of Catering business. Drive catering sales through incoming inquiries and active solicitation of new business. Responsible for selling, planning, coordination and execution of all catering events to increase revenue and gain market presence in addition to growing new account business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Proactively solicit and secure new business through networking, solicitation, site inspections and outbound sales calls.
- Negotiate and book new & repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Pursue sales activities on a weekly basis to align with achieving monthly budget, individual and team goals and catering revenue goals as outlined.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet and ideally exceed sales goals.
- Secure new accounts in the assigned market segment to contribute to enhancing, maximizing and maintaining a healthy portfolio of accounts.
- Plan, up sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, coordinate with the appropriate departments in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure a positive experience at the property and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers meeting space and/or banquet date, space availability, details of program and food & beverage minimum requirements.
- Maintain detailed files with signed Catering Agreements and BEO's for all catering and group events booked, ensuring minimum revenues are met.
- Assist to organize all details of the BEO ensuring all arrangements are confirmed and communicated to the Banquet Department, Chef, Food and Beverage Manager.
- Assist in coordinating specifics of the BEO and any special needs of the client through pre-convention reports and meetings. Manage the event supervision by communicating with all departments and ensuring the accuracy of event details.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition's product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
- Respond in a timely manner to client requests to ensure proposals and contracts meet the hotel requirements.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly and annual reports (i.e.: action plans, goals and forecasts on groups).
- Maintain business relationships with existing accounts for repeat groups.
- Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of three years sales experience in a related position. Hotel sales experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information. Extensive knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflect the Foundation Image. Listen effectively. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.
Escape to the unique, boutique-style Hotel Indigo Vinings with unexpected touches that reflect the distinct charm and character of the historic Vinings neighborhood. A step above all other hotels in Atlanta, the hotel offers convenient access to I-285, I-75 and US 41, making travel to top area attractions, including Six Flags and the Georgia Dome, and the future home of the Atlanta Braves, Truist Park, a breeze. Enjoy easy access to premier shopping at the Vinings Jubilee, performances at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, and the vibrant nightlife of Buckhead. Let the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Vinings inspire you with the perfect blend of southern hospitality and modern-day sophistication that guests call welcoming and surprisingly unexpected.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.