Chief Engineer- Bonus Structure+ Parking
Competitive + Benefits
Kimpton Banneker, Washington 20036
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 25 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO first days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You'll Do
In this role you'll work with the General Manager to supervise the Engineering Department. Responsibilities include maintaining all equipment, systems, and building components. In addition, you'll be responsible for management and decision-making authority for daily operations and leading property engineering teams
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Operate, repair, and maintain all pumps, boilers, motors, chillers, electrical systems, refrigeration systems, lighting, hotel appliances, and the hotel physical plant.
- Paint all surfaces and equipment, make minor wall covering repairs, and minor furniture touch-ups.
- Perform minor construction work, repair and maintain the lock and key systems, and replace lightbulbs, fixtures, televisions, and radios.
- Lead staff (for those properties that have staff) by conducting performance evaluations, holding monthly departmental meetings, leading training on both technical and safety systems, building and maintaining your team.
- Maintain open and positive relationship with the People & Culture Department.
- Maintain par stocks of essential parts and associated materials and products used for operating, repairing, and maintaining the hotel. Notify your supervisor when parts are needed by using the proper requisition system or want list as appropriate, including purchasing.
- Maintain accurate logs of equipment tests, such as fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, etc. Repair and preventative maintenance logs, monthly reports, daily walk reports, meter readings, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that contacts with project contractors and salesmen are conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with Kimpton Group standards.
What You Bring
- A high school diploma and trade school experience preferred.
- 4+ years of hotel maintenance/engineering experience with 2+ years of management experience.
- High-rise Fire Safety, CFC, and chemical testing certifications.
- Proficient in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, locksmith, refrigeration, welding, boiler maintenance, chillers, and carpentry (with a proven electrical and mechanical aptitude!)
- Maintain accurate readings and logs.
- Ability to read blueprints and define areas quickly.
- Be proficient in MS Office and other basic platforms.
- Basic management abilities and be able to make reasonable decisions.
Relaxed, Refined Sophistication in Residential DC. Bridging the best of DC’s storied historic highlights and leafy residential neighborhoods, the Kimpton Banneker Hotel has one of the most enviable addresses in the District " on a tree-lined avenue with a view straight down 16th Street NW of the White House. A blend of cool minimalism and warm tones, the Banneker’s design offers homey comfort with a side of provocative art. Find the heartbeat of the hotel in its dining venues: the ground-floor French bistro, serving local flavors in a timeless setting, promises to buzz day and night, while upstairs, a sophisticated indoor/outdoor rooftop bar will encourage spontaneous connections under the stars while offering unfettered views of the landmarks that make the city so iconic.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.