Food and Beverage Supervisor
$16.00 per hour + Benefits
106 Jefferson, a Curio by Hilton, Huntsville 35801
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Supervise the associates in the shift operations and aid in the administration of the Restaurant to achieve guest satisfaction, quality service, compliance of policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Supervise the shift's operations in the restaurant and liaise with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations, compliance with procedures and safety regulations and an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are achieved.
- Supervise the restaurant associates; interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline as appropriate with the guidance of the restaurant management team.
- Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in-house guests and a larger share of the local market.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission. Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; supervise the maintenance of restaurant equipment to protect the assets, while securing revenues and complying with legal regulations and ensure quality service.
- Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquires, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Update the cash management system and compile, generate and prepare various reports to aid in the administration of the Restaurant.
- Respond to guest needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Supervise the maintenance/sanitation of the restaurant and equipment during the shift to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. May serve as manager on duty.
- Any other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to Four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Minimum of two-year experience in the food and beverage industry
Skills and Abilities: Requires basic knowledge of restaurant operations. Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and establish priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Listen effectively. Operate department within the guidelines of the Foundation Document. Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
A full service boutique hotel consisting of 117 rooms, restaurant, best in class amenities and meeting space.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.