Food and Beverage Supervisor
$20.00 per hour + Benefits
Somerset Hills, a Tapestry Collection, Warren 07059
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Valor Hospitality is a leading hotel management company that is a trend setter in the hospitality market. The company is recognized by owners, investors, developers, and guests as an innovative partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
We believe that the highest form of compliment is respect for each associate, both as an individual and as a valued part of our organization. We will do our best to encourage communication, and we will listen with an open mind to new ideas. Furthermore, we are dedicated to implementing those ideas, which will result in a higher level of productivity and professionalism. In addition, we are committed to you, and your career advancement and we will provide you the opportunity to be successful. #IND789
Be flexible enough to flow between restaurant operations and banquet operations
Supervise the associates in the shift operations and aid in the administration of the Restaurant to achieve guest satisfaction, quality service, compliance of policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
Supervise banquet associates in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up, as well as oversee the service and break-down functions in a safe, accident-free manner. Expected to always be attentive to guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
ESSENTIAL RESTAURANT FUNCTION:
- Supervise the shift's operations in the restaurant and liaise with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations, compliance with procedures and safety regulations and an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are achieved.
- Supervise the restaurant associates; schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline as appropriate with the guidance of the restaurant management team.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; supervise the maintenance of restaurant equipment to protect the assets, while securing revenues and complying with legal regulations and ensure quality service.
- Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquires, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Update the cash management system and compile, generate and prepare various reports to aid in the administration of the Restaurant.
- Respond to guest needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Supervise the maintenance/sanitation of the restaurant and equipment during the shift to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. May serve as manager on duty.
- Any other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL BANQUET FUNCTION:
- Check server’s and house person’s BEOs to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Contact group representatives. Explain how to make contact; if needed throughout the function.
- Ensure that any & all Food & Beverage items are presented and served correctly, adhering to the standards set out by the property and noting any special requests & instructions, outlined on the Banquet Event Order for the event.
- Ensure that communication is constantly maintained between the Culinary Department Representative & the Banquet Team during the event, alert team members of any changes in the schedule of service, challenges or adverse comments that may arise during the service of an event.
- Compile check from the Banquet Event Order, at the end of the event or function, ensuring that the correct numbers of items/number of persons are charged for, and that the check is posted to the correct master account.
- Ensure that all relevant & applicable paperwork is filled out correctly, including the Captain’s Consumption Sheets and Captain’s Report and copies distributed as required.
- Ensure that staff members return all equipment to the storage areas and that the room/area is left clean and tidy. Unconsumed Liquor & Wines should be returned to the Banquet Beverage Service Bar.
- Compile the station register and assign duties to banquet staff and supporting banquet captains, assigned to that specific event or function.
- Ensure that the name of every staff member assigned to an event or function appears on the banquet sign-in sheet, and that the staff signs the sheet, prior to leaving the event or function.
- Prepare the area or room in its entirety for a function or event, prior to the guest’s arrival.
- Recap all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Somerset Hills Hotel, nestled among stunning oaks and lush greenery, is at the heart of the historic Somerset area, steeped in a rich American history. Gather with friends or family and enjoy a sumptuous meal at TAP, the hotel’s chef-driven gastropub that’s both approachable and refined. Discover your favorite locally-curated cocktail or indulge your taste buds with one of 20 craft beers on tap while watching your favorite sporting event or taking in the natural beauty on the expansive outdoor veranda and garden.
The hotel’s central location and thoughtfully-designed indoor and outdoor event space create a one-of-a-kind venue for a variety of meetings and events. With over 6,000 square feet of event space, including a Grand Ballroom, intimate boardroom and stunning outdoor space that will help create the perfect wedding.
A seamless combination of tradition, elegance and modern amenities, the 118-room Somerset Hills Hotel serves as the Social Crossroads and offers a retreat-like setting where charm, laughter, conversation and new ideas all come together.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.