Competitive + Benefits
The Valley Hotel, Homewood 35209
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 25 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Assist with the supervision and coordination of the accounting operations in the hotel. Compiles, reviews, reconciles, prepares and analyzes entries to facilitate the bookkeeping function. Assist with the process of financial statements and other reports to ensure accurate and timely information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Train, direct the work, resolve problems and assist with the hiring, performance and salary reviews of the accounting associates.
- Prepare, review and reconcile daily postings, accruals, various general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure accurate financial information is available.
- Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze various financial reports and statements to provide accurate, timely information to guest, management, corporate and ownership.
- Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze period-end data on food and beverage costs and inventories (gift shop where applicable) to provide information and recommendations to management on current procedures and controls. Assist with the preparation of cost potentials as required.
- May supervise or handle the accounts receivable function and perform the hotel's credit/collection and food & beverage control function to ensure accurate, timely and quality service and support to hotel guests and management.
- Review and monitor internal control procedures in the hotel. Areas included are Food & Beverage, Cashiering, Room Operations, etc. Participate in departmental inventories each month.
- Reviews and analyzes business results throughout the hotel to ensure alignment with the hotel's financial objectives.
- Assist with the compilation and preparation of the financial statement, periodic forecasts and annual budget to provide support to ensure timely, accurate information.
- Maximize cash flow by proactively managing accounts receivable functions and attending monthly credit meeting.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquires, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Maintain all users’ access request and authorizations (Windows, E-mail, Opera, Micros, Adams Keegan). Respond to all users request and provide them with adequate support.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience in a related or management position. Hotel experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information. Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the finance and hospitality professions. Possesses experiential knowledge required for management of people and complex problems. Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and indicate logical conclusions and recommendations and make decisions based on established policies and procedures. Excellent oral, written, listening and presentation skills sufficient to produce communication that properly reflect the Foundation Image. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
A full service boutique hotel consisting of 129 rooms, restaurant, terrace bar, and 4,000 square feet of event space.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.