Accounting & Human Resources Coordinator
Competitive + Benefits
The Valley Hotel, Homewood 35209
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 25 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’.
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
To assist the Accounting & Human Resources Managers in handling the accounting and human resource functions at the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Maintains a filing system of reports and pertinent records.
- May compose replies to correspondence based on organizational practice, policies, and procedures at the direction of the General Manager.
- Manages the daily receivables of the hotel, to include creating billings, tracking within the city ledger, and communicating with guests/vendors/suppliers and anyone else to insure billing payments are received by the hotel on a timely basis.
- Receives and files approved invoices, inputting the data from the invoices into the payables accounting program.
- Conducts reference checks on applicants designated for interviewing/hiring.
- Ensures thorough and complete documentation is maintained on all hotel employees, according to corporate policy and procedure, and is in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Produces and distributes the final payroll according to established procedures.
- Retrieves, counts, and prepares the daily bank deposit according to established procedures.
- Schedules and conducts the required new employee orientation, in cooperation with all department managers.
- Prepares any weekly reports required by the General Manager.
- Receives payroll checks and prepares for scheduled distribution.
- Ensures complete compliance with human resource policies and procedures.
- Sets the example for a harassment-free work environment and handles employee complaints and issues with the necessary seriousness and confidentiality, reporting issues to the General Manager and [corporate] human resources immediately for appropriate advice and handling.
- Advises employees of the avenues available to them to resolve issues and problems, i.e., the supervisor; the General Manager; and corporate human resources.
- Reviews any extended employees absences (more than three days) to determine if any action needs to be taken with regard to the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Maintains all required documents in the electronic employee personnel files.
- Maintains and adheres to a strict policy of confidentiality with all records, conversations, and dealings with the General Manager and corporate office personnel.
- Ensures accuracy and entering of the I-9 form when an employee is hired.
- Receives, opens, and dates all incoming hotel mail.
- Attends staff meetings and records minutes.
- Coordinates staff/employee recognition events and other team building events.
- Acts as primary contact/coordinator for office machinery to include but not necessarily limited to, copiers, fax machine, scanners, stamp machines, etc. Also maintains files of contracts and agreements on same equipment.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies according to budgeted dollars.
- Bill new direct bill accounts.
- Oversee direct billing for Sales Department.
- Reviews and monitors internal control procedures including cashiering and room operations.
- Participates in housekeeping inventories each month.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Creates and develops various spreadsheets in Excel in order to capture and manipulate data for varying results.
- Maintains computerized filing systems as well as various printed files with ease of retrieval.
- Input data for various financial reports.
- Assists with transitioning newly-acquired associates when taking over management of a property.
- Assists with transitioning associates when selling or leaving management of a property.
- Conducts research for various projects.
- Input advance purchase payments on a weekly basis.
- Ensures all employees complete and maintain proper brand training and completion is documented in training binder.
- Maintains cash to ensure adequate change is available.
- Assists front desk with guest corrections and complaints.
- Oversees house account postings for group contracts as it relates to the front desk.
- Maintains employee uniform stock, issuing and ordering employee uniforms and Shoes for Crews.
- Handle the mailing to guest lost and found items.
- Assist department managers in interviewing and staffing their respective departments.
- Maintain a weekly spreadsheet for Culinaire invoicing.
- Oversee the emergency procedures/evacuation plan updates.
- Listens to guests, asking exploratory questions regarding reported incident/issue, taking copious
- Makes adjustments to guest charges per company directives to maintain customer service.
- Regular and punctual in attendance.
- Performs all other duties and functions as assigned by the General Manager, including serving as Manager on Duty during normal shift, if needed.
A full service boutique hotel consisting of 129 rooms, restaurant, terrace bar, and 4,000 square feet of event space.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.