Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to support the Head of Analytics in delivering accurate, timely and informative reports and insight to help drive business decisions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interpreting large data sets and analysing data results using statistical methods
- Visualising data and presenting insight in a concise manner with presentations tailored to the technical level of the audience. E.g: Analyse the performance of campaigns within the Marketing Team
- Developing and maintaining key business reports to enable stakeholders to self-serve regular queries and increase the level of data-based decision-making within the company.
- Interrogating internal databases to provide recommendations to teams around the business. This will involve both shorter-term, quick turnaround questions to help inform tactical decision-making and longer-term projects shaping the future of Fortnum and Mason’s customer and marketing strategy.
- Manage measurement for test and learn activities in different areas of the business – measure and report on specific KPIs and communicate the results
- Analyse information beyond our own data sources to develop our understanding of customer and retail perception and our performance relative to the wider market.
- Build good working relations with all immediate colleagues and those across the wider business.
- Have an awareness of market leading and emerging technologies and languages related to data science, analytics, and visualisation
- Have an awareness of market leading and emerging data science/analytical methodologies and techniques and their applications
- Contribute to the innovation process of identifying new opportunities to apply data science technique
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, business analytics, applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, social sciences or related fields.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, positive attitude, a passion to build, and a willingness to seek and learn new concepts.
- An iterative approach to developing data science solutions through continuous improvement.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics/data science
- Proven track record of working with data to drive better business decisioning.
- Experience of languages such as Python, R, SQL for the purposes of analysis.
- Experience in data mining, advanced data manipulation, machine learning and statistical analysis.
Skills and competencies:
- Keen understanding of business objectives and ability to apply this understanding to deliver analytical projects for difficult and complex technical issues
- Interpret complex data and extract that ‘business value add’
- Strong, results-driven personality with a high level of enthusiasm, energy and confidence
- Should be passionate and bring expertise in creating a data "discovery-driven" culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with both technical and non-technical people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain analytic results and models to a non-technical audience
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of annual salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Defined development scheme to grow your career
- Invitation to our annual staff party
- And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.