De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
Grand Connaught Rooms is our largest and prestigious flagship London property, where we regularly host unforgettably incredible events such as movie premier after parties and high profile fashion, music and charity events. That's no surprise really, being based right in the heart of London and just a stone's throw from Covent Garden.
With a great reputation for having some of London's best conference, exhibition and meeting space, Grand Connaught Rooms is a great place to work if you're passionate about a career in hospitality. That could be in weddings or conferences, events or banqueting: we have a great variety of opportunities across our departments and we regularly recruit for permanent full time, part time and casual roles for our vibrant team.
Banqueting Waiter/Waitress - Casual Hours
What is the main purpose of the role?
Working within the C&B department, you will be part of a team delivering a high quality service to our customers, maximising on all sales opportunities.
You will provide great customer service at the best possible cost within Group guidelines and satisfying legal requirements. Through your professional attitude and strong knowledge of our products, you will ensure that you give full co-operation to any customer requiring attention and upsell at every opportunity.
You will be on hand to deal with guest queries and complaints and take the appropriate action to achieve total guest satisfaction whilst ensuring that you communicate any problems to senior management.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team. You should be a confident communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a similar type of environment where delivering great customer service was key.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
Please take a look.