Assistant General Manager-Leicester
Up To £23,000 Per Annum plus Bonus
Closing Date for this application is 18/06/2021
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting the general manager with all aspects of the business both commercially and operationally.
They must be of strong leadership qualities, demonstrating impeccable behaviours with a positive attitude.
They will be competent and focused to be involved in all areas of the business.
They are a brand ambassador and live the SD values to create a safe, friendly, productive and enjoyable club environment for its members, prospects, guests and team.
They take ownership and accountability for all the clubs targets and KPI’s, especially in the absence of the General Manager.
Need to be:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the fitness industry
- Highly motivated and inspirational.
- Fearless and determined with resilience and tenacity to keep going and find a way to win.
- Adaptable to change their approach in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Eager to progress their leadership skills up to the level required to be a General Manager.
- A great communicator, able to connect with all the other HOD’s and team members.
- A positive influence, always.
- A change agent, able to easily implement the company’s new strategies/policies with ease.
- Visual, Interactive and personable with all members.
- First Aid Emergency Responder and Pool Plant qualified (SD would be willing to train if required).
- Able to effectively manage all H+S policies and procedures.
- Flexible with shift patterns including weekend work and Bank holidays when required.
Need to Act:
- With total honesty and integrity, always.
- With drive, passion and energy.
- With empathy, able to understand the point of view from your team.
- With a positive attitude, able to fully assist the General Manager with implementing new strategies/procedures
- With a positive outlook, focused on strengths and solutions.
- As a role model, actively being involved in everybody’s role at times, leading by example.
- With a commercially focused outlook, positively influencing all revenue streams and controlling costs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be a main contributor working towards targets and KPI’s set for the club.
- Deputise for the General Manager in their absence, influencing all the key areas of the business.
- Assist the General Manager with recruitment and training.
- Taking full ownership of the effective running of the pool plant operations.
- To assist the General Manager with full compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- To assist the General Manager in following the correct induction process is always followed for the introduction of new staff or role changes.
- Assisting the General Manager ensuring COSHH and Risk Assessments are completed and reviewed 6 monthly/yearly as a minimum.
- To ensure that a fully qualified 1st aider is always on shift and at least 2 members of staff are working at the same time.