Datacenter Support Systems Engineer
Salary up to £45,000 per annum
Closing Date for this application is 12/07/2021
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless.
To stay ambitious, we need a Datacenter Support Systems Engineer who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
We have a vacancy to join the team who own the day to day maintenance of Frasers Group servers and storage. Supported by a team of technology specialists you will have an opportunity to learn a wide range of technologies, while using your meticulous and methodical approach to ensure that vital monitoring and administration is completed effectively.
There will be plenty of opportunities to work on new and varied projects supporting the existing team of technology specialists in delivering solutions in the areas they are responsible for.
As part of this role you will working in a highly skilled small but expanding team who support the infrastructure and working closely with Network and Database teams as well as development you can quickly and efficiently deliver your solutions without the bureaucracy that you find in many large-scale organisations:
- Your role will encompass all hardware break fix in the datacentre as well as maintaining and monitoring the environmental factors.
- Regular checking of backup successes / failures as well.
- You will perform daily checks on our systems monitoring backups, alerts from our monitoring systems and performance alerts.
- You will then take full responsibility for resolving these and seeing them to a successful fix, using the support of the specialists, your own research and investigation skills and 3rd party support direct with vendors.
- You will handle escalations from our 1st / 2nd line support teams dealing with complex issues.
- You will actively seek to develop and improve the processes within the team helping create and maintain good guides for frequently performed administration activities.
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles - you will:
● Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
● Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
● Not hesitate and act with purpose
You will ask for forgiveness – not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
● Be commercial and customer focused.
You will be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
IT at Frasers Group is delivered by the in-house team who are passionate about what they do and are not dependent on outsourced organisations to deliver the core systems.
- Experience of Dell server hardware parts replacement, configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data centre networking troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Avocent KVM’s and Power Bar solutions
- Experience of racking and stacking new hardware.
- Microsoft Windows is our primary platform, so you will be expected to have good technical knowledge in all aspects of currently support versions of Windows client and server operating systems. Strong understanding of the Windows permissions model, NTFS, AD DACLS etc.
- Knowledge of VMware VSphere, ability to migrate virtual machines and understand placement
- Ability to write scripts
- Helpful, friendly and approachable, able to communicate to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to comprehend business impact of IT and the risks and opportunities associated with change
- Ability to create clear written documentation
- Maintain datacentre labelling patching and diagrams
- Knowledge of System Centre Virtual Machine Mangers and Windows Hyper-V
- Experience of managing datacentre hardware, troubleshooting and replacing failed components. Including 3Par and Pure Storage
- Experience of Veritas NetBackup
PLEASE CAN YOU PROVIDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION