Software Developer - C#/ EPOS
Closing Date for this application is 30/06/2021
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Location: Shirebrook / Remote working 2/3 days a week.
Salary: Open to negotiation depending on experience
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
This exciting opportunity as Software Developer will have you working on retail IT solutions, improving out EPOS solution whilst developing in-store applications and kiosks for our retail team, and much more. We are a very data-oriented company therefore strong SQL and database programming skills are a must.
As part of this role you will take responsibility for developing applications and kiosks to support our business, including:
- Demonstrating analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms
- Interpreting requirements into working code
- Continually improving skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge
- Using an Agile Development Process
- Showing strong problem-solving skills
- Developing, testing and implementing code to departmental standards
- Working to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate
- Producing just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and reports
- Ensuring that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate
- Performing maintenance programming and correction of defects
- Working closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery
Essential Skills / Experience:
- WebAPI and/or WCF
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ / T-SQL & Stored Procedures
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Windows Forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Git
- Oracle PL-SQL
- EPOS experience