Group Tax Manager
Arora is a large, privately owned group of companies with a portfolio of owner operated hotels, multi-let office investments and development sites. The group is responsible for a combined turnover of over £270m and assets valued above £2 billion. Due to the continual growth of the business an exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified tax professional to join the company’s central finance and tax team.
The role is varied and covers on corporate tax, personal tax, property tax and VAT. The key responsibilities is working with the tax team on managing:
The role is varied and covers on corporate tax, personal tax, property tax and VAT. The key responsibilities are working with the tax team on managing:
- Timely preparation and submission of all tax obligations across the group including corporation tax, VAT and other tax obligations such as withholding tax returns and CIS.
- Prepare month-end and year-end tax provisions for inclusion in management and statutory accounts and ensuring tax is reconciled to the submitted returns.
- Preparing the relevant tax disclosures in the annual statutory accounts
- Working closely with the central finance team and tax advisors on projects and transactions
- Involvement in tax planning including corporation interest restriction allocations, capital allowance claims, group relief and loss allocations.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for taxes relevant to the group
- To strengthen the relevant tax controls and awareness within the business and managing the groups tax risk.
- Liaising with HMRC on all correspondence
- Assist with monitoring developments in tax laws and communicating impact to compliance to the tax and business teams.
- Qualified ACA or CTA with strong tax compliance experience gained from a top 20 accounting practice and is either working in industry or looking to make their first move out of professional practice
- Specific knowledge and experience in corporate tax, income tax and VAT
- Ideally must have experience in the property sector
- Experience of managing large complex groups
- Ability to undertake technical research - using tax legislation, reading case law
- Demonstrate good accounting knowledge
- Must be a self starter, not afraid of working under pressure, and use their initiative to solve problems and suggest solutions
- Ideally, the candidate should able to use Alphatax
- Will also consider a strong ATT professionals and CTA finalists who have been with a top 10 practice.