Human Resources Manager
Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Talent & Culture (HR) Manager provides strategic partnership to the management team via a proactive approach to managing human capital. This includes the identification of issues and implementation of initiatives to support: performance management, succession planning, internal talent identification, promotion and position/location moves, employee engagement, retention, and personnel reporting. The Talent & Culture (HR) Manager acts as an integral part of executive team discussions, using a consultative approach to help the company reach their strategic business goals through people and culture. The Talent & Culture (HR) Manager leads and oversees the day-to-day operation of the Talent & Culture Department as well as play a critical role in assisting in the implementation of the Talent & Culture strategy.
This is an office-based role and will oversee 3 Gatwick properties: Arora Hotel Gatwick/Crawley, Sofitel London Gatwick and Hilton London Gatwick Airport.
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Responsible for developing, implementing and administering recruitment programs
- Leverage various resources – internet, community organisations, local contact, print media, informal/formal networks, colleges, schools, trade associations – to directly and indirectly source talent
- Drive creation of our employee brand – promote the Company image to candidates and external service providers and ensure that the Company is represented in the most accurate and appropriate way to all candidates and personally drives the highest standards of ethical behaviour for all involved in recruiting process.
- Ensure culture and processes are in place for encouraging succession planning and internal development.
- Create and implement the hotel training plan ensuring it is adhered to and adapted as necessary to respond to business needs
- Ensure consistency in administering the annual and interim Performance Review process, ensuring 100% completion and follow up as necessary
- Lead management training initiatives whether delivery or liaising with external providers
- Assist with training delivery as and when required
- Encourage a coaching culture
Reward & Recognition
- Promote and drive awareness and usage of the company reward and recognition programmes and schemes
- Work with the Talent & Culture and Operations Director to conduct the annual salary review process and action any pay awards accurately whilst ensuring appropriate communication is given.
- Proactive promotion of all company benefits and discount schemes.
Policy, Process & Procedure
- Maintain and up-to-date and broad understanding of current and forthcoming employment law and case law
- Ensure employment law, contractual terms and conditions are adhered to and consistently applied
- Ensure that all procedures/best practise are efficient, effective and consistent as well as fitting the business
- Ensure that all policies, processes and procedures are adhered to by the Talent & Culture team and all managers
- Research and measure employee engagement – focus the Talent & Culture team to promote and manage the annual employee opinion survey, communicate the results and conduct accurate analysis
- Develop employee engagement and proposals and plans
- Embed employee engagement interventions
- Promote ‘Employer Brand’
- Develop and embed employee relations strategy, policy and practice
- Collective negotiation and consultation
- Performance culture
- Support and coach managers with any employee relation issues
- Manage disciplinary, grievance and appeals processes and procedures adhering to ACAS code of practice
- You are a true people’s person, with passion to delight our guest with amazing service
- You will have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations, in a very busy environment whilst managing multiple priorities
- You have a good working knowledge of HR and employment law
- You are a great leader and strive to develop and motivate the team
- Previous experience in a similar role and setting essential
What do we offer:
- A very competitive salary + Bonus Scheme
- 33 days paid holiday
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family including access to Hilton and Accor team member travel programme
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Free Meals on shift
- Life Assurance benefit and Pension cover
- Private medical insurance
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Talent & Culture Manager!