Cluster Security and Safety Manager
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We treat our people like family and our guest like royalty!
We are looking for a Cluster Safety & Security Manager who will be responsible for Security, Health & Safety and Crisis Management by taking a proactive approach to these areas for the property to ensure legal, company and brand compliance, implementation of security/ Health and Safety policies, protocols, and training to make sure that the environment in the organization is safe for our employees, guests, and visitors. This person will work across three of our Gatwick properties: Hilton London Gatwick, Sofitel London Gatwick and Arora Hotel Gatwick/Crawley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support all departments at Sofitel, Hilton and Arora Gatwick with Health & Safety and security and any other operational requests.
- To protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues.
- To keep the Cluster General Manager and Hotel Managers informed by observation and assessment or by information received, of any incident or situation which could result in a loss or risk to the company.
- Manage CCTV systems across the hotels, work with 3rd party contractors to ensure systems are operational.
- To complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining evidence and signatures
- To conduct regular hazard spotting and follow up with required remedial actions
- To act as Diligence system Champion and manage each hotel’s Safety Management System daily.
- To report to any appropriate Department Head, anything that may be considered a health & safety hazard or Security risk.
- To guide, advise and support Heads of Departments when conducting and reviewing risk assessments
- To approve all new and reviewed departmental risk assessments
- To collate safety tour and electrical audit reports from every department
- To frequently inspect Departmental Health and Safety files and food safety records ensuring that they are sufficient and up to date
- If appointed by Cluster General Manager, to chair monthly Safety Committee Meetings and preparing and sharing meeting minutes
- To coordinate annual reviews of Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Food Safety Manuals and Crisis & Emergency Plan under the direction of the Cluster General Manager and Hotel Managers
What we are looking for:
- You will be passionate about guest experience, with real passion for hospitality
- You will be obsessed about standards, and ensuring the safety of guests and employees
- Previous experience as a Safety & Security Manager in a hotel or a similar environment would be desirable
- SIA Licensed, First Aid At work training, and NEBOSH accreditation are highly desirable
- You will think ahead to identify customer service needs before they arise
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and its application in the workplace
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures
- Live Fire Fighting Equipment and Fire Marshal training
- SIA license Level 2 – Door Supervisor or above
- First Aid at Work certificate
What do we offer:
Our Safety & Security Manager receive some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Pension cover
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Safety & Security Manager!