Senior Meeting & Events Sales Executive
We treat our team like family and our guest like royalty!
We are looking for a Meetings and Events Sales Executive who will be responsible in delivering a strategic sales & marketing plan with a focus on room hire, food & beverage and associated bedroom targets; ensuring there is a 'sales culture' amongst the team by planting monthly targets.
- Deal with all enquiries for Meetings and events courteously and efficiently, offering the highest level of customer service, whilst ensuring that when possible the enquiry becomes a sale.
- Keep in close contact with all prospective function organisers, ensuring that all their requirements are accurately recorded using every opportunity to maximise sales.
- Control the business mix ensuring maximum revenue and cross refer to other locations if required.
- Compile and distribute weekly function sheets to all departments ensuring that all details are accurate and updated where necessary.
- Ensure all additional services that are required for clients are booked and supplied.
- Keep an up to date record in database of past and present clients that have used the M&E facilities and to maintain an up to date filing system.
- Liaise between the client and the M&E Operational team.
- Be aware and up to date with the current competitor set and their facilities.
- Fully support the Sales Team in obtaining leads and to participate in telesales.
- Actively participate in promotional and publicity activities as and when requested.
- Ensure follow up calls are made to all Meetings and Event organisers ensuring their requirements were satisfactorily dealt with and any complaints are bought to a speedy conclusion.
- Regularly report any comments or problems with clients to the Revenue Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) are essential
- Knowledge of CRM (Delphi) and reservations systems (Opera/Fidelio) would be highly desirable
What do we offer?
Our Meeting & Events Sales Executive receives some excellent company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family and access to Marriott Explore team member travel programme.
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Pension cover
- Staff Accommodation Available
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Senior Meetings & Events Sales Executive and join our team!