Group Tax Accountant
Arora Group is a large, privately owned group of companies with a portfolio of owner operated hotels, multi-let office investments and development sites. The group is responsible for a combined turnover of over £270m and property assets valued above £2 billion. Due to the continual growth of the business an exciting opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified tax professional to join the company’s central finance and tax team.
The role is varied and covers on corporate tax, personal tax, property tax and VAT.
The key responsibilities are working with the tax team on managing:
- The tax compliance process from preparation to submission to HMRC covering UK corporation tax
- Assisting with the group’s VAT, PAYE and CIS compliance
- Liaising with HMRC
- To strengthen the relevant tax controls and awareness within the business
- Take a leading role in the Group’s objective of structural simplification
- Liaising with the Group’s auditors and preparing relevant tax disclosures for the statutory accounts
- Working closely with the transactions team on acquisitions, disposals and fund raising
- Working closely with external advisers across all disciplines as appropriate
- Proactively managing the group’s tax risk management and leading improvement initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Qualified ACA or CTA with strong tax compliance experience gained from a top 20 accounting practice and is either working in industry or looking to make their first move out of professional practice
- Specific knowledge and experience in corporate tax, income tax and VAT
- Ideally have experience in the property sector
- Experience of managing large complex groups would be helpful
- Ability to undertake technical research – using tax legislation, reading case law
- Demonstrate good accounting knowledge
- Must be a self-starter, not afraid of working under pressure, able to use their initiative to solve problems and suggest solutions
- Enjoys challenging work and situations
- Ideally, the candidate should able to use Alphatax
- Will also consider strong ATT professionals and CTA finalists who have been with a top 10 practice.
Apply now to become our new Group Tax Accountant!