Hotel IT Manager
We treat our team like family and our guest like royalty!
At the InterContinental London – The O2, we are passionate about exploration and discovery.
Located on London’s vibrant Greenwich Peninsula, InterContinental London – The O2 is one of the most impressive conference venues in London. The hotel exposes breath-taking views of the river Thames and Canary Wharf and features 453 guest rooms and suites, luxury spa with indoor pool, destination restaurants and bars, Tea Salon and the glamorous Sky Bar called Eighteen with magnificent 360 degree views of the City of London. InterContinental London - The O2 features a 4,500 sqm purpose-built conference centre, including the UK’s largest pillar-free ballroom, complemented with a further 19 flexible spaces, both alfresco and indoor, providing the perfect canvas for any event. In addition to this, InterContinental London - The O2 will open a second ballroom in the second half of 2022, making it the most impressive conference venue in London.
We are looking for a Hotel IT Manager who will represent our brand by delivering and exceeding our guest expectations.
As the Hotel IT Manager, you will work with the hotel team to ensure the continuous functioning and documenting of all IT systems to allow the hotel to operate efficiently. Along with the existing Head Office IT team, you will form part of a responsive, proactive and flexible team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee all IT systems across the property
- Respond to all support calls and adapts to changes in the business to solve cases
- Work closely with external support to maintain maximum availability of systems
- Ensure backup procedures and logging systems are operational
- Assist guests and hotel employees with IT issues
- Work closely with users to improve efficiency in the use of Systems across the hotel
- Handle configuration changes including telecoms
- Support the roll-out of new applications and project roll outs
- Provide assistance on AV equipment in meetings rooms
- Update and communicate with line manager on a regular basis with any IT related issues
- To provide IT assistance and support for conference and event setups
- Help to provide occasional Out of Hours support
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in similar role at 4/5 star hotels
- Administrative level of exposure in server 2012/2016/2019, including permissions and good level of understanding of Active directory, Office 365, Azure and Exchange systems
- Working knowledge of Desktop Applications (Microsoft Technologies) and Networking (LAN/WAN)
- In-depth knowledge in network protocols
- Experience in Hotel specific systems including Opera PMS, Simphony POS, IRE, HSIA, HotSOS, Mitel PBX/Dect, Key access system and Digital Signage system
- Good level of working knowledge regarding backups (Azure and Backup exec)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 10 or higher
- Practical experience in Ethernet/Fibre patching and telecoms wiring
- Methods and techniques for analysing hardware and software performance
- Must have ability to self-manage and be able to communicate effectively with IT and non-IT users
- The candidate should have a clear grasp of current IT developments and their importance in a business environment.
What do we offer:
Our Hotel IT Manager receive some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Hotel IT Manager!