IT Systems Engineer
As IT Systems Engineer you will be a core member of the IT team, supporting various properties within the business. You will be responsible for offering 2nd and 3rd line support for all IT System issues within the group and Central Office. Along with the existing Group IT Manager you will form part of a responsive, proactive and flexible team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to all IT systems
- Provide expert support when issues cannot be resolved by 1st level support
- 2nd and 3rd level support for all IT related issues within the group and Central Head Office
- Installation of hardware and software to the Company and Brand IT standard
- Investigate and determine problems, causes, effects and respond quickly with structured analysis and intervention
- Improve system performance by identifying problems and recommend changes
- be involved in Project work covering all aspects of IT and service delivery
- Provide support and coaching on use of certain IT systems to optimize their use across the operation
- Manage and maintain an effective working relationship with the nominated system & service providers
- Testing our disaster recovery backup plan on a yearly basis.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience directly within or dealing with the hospitality industry
- Experience in Network, voice and firewall technologies
- Experience of Active Directory administration in Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016 and Windows 7/10 working knowledge
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010, Office 365 and Azure platform
- Experience in Guest Facing technologies such as IRE, Telephony, Key Access Systems and Wireless systems
- Understanding of Cat6/Fibre patching and cabling system
- Able to work flexibly to include some out of hours work
- Able to work without supervision
- Must have full UK Driving license
- Good written and verbal English
- We are looking for a candidate with an I.T degree or equivalent qualification or 1 year’s previous experience in similar role. The candidate must have an understanding of Networking, ability to self-manage and be able to communicate effectively with IT and non-IT people. They must be a fast learner who can work well in a team and candidate will have a clear grasp of current IT developments and their importance in a business environment.
What do we offer?
- A very competitive salary
- Fantastic working environment
- Long Service Recognition
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family
- Life assurance
- Apply now to be our new Group IT Systems Engineer!