Account Payable Manager
As a member of central finance team this role is responsible for accurate processing of invoices within the group in a timely manner to support operations. Comply with group and accounting policies and ensure a rigorous financial control and reporting environment.
1. Accounts Payable:
- Ensure invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are coded and posted to the relevant cost centres.
- Creditor reports are reviewed monthly.
- Review and process payment runs in a timely manner.
- Supplier statements are reconciled monthly.
- Support the AP clerks in the wider business through training and development.
- Process change management.
- Continually review and develop best practice Financial Accounting and Control procedures to maximise efficiency.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules for External Auditors.
2. Cash flow Capital: Optimise the cash position by ensuring a tight control on the payments process. Manage cash flow to ensure cash surplus to meet all financial & cost commitments.
- Review all BACS to ensure payment within terms.
- All credit notes are processed and chased timely.
- Help support the weekly cashflow forecast.
3. Supporting Departments: it is key this role helps support other departments of the business through effective communication and collaboration.
- Procurement – supporting the full invoice cycle.
- Treasury – supporting the payment cycles.
- Management Accounts – ensuring all supplier costs are captured.
- Experience in a senior accounts payable position with a multi-site business.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 or other well-known accounting systems is advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable Initiative
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision