We treat our people like family and our guest like royalty!
We are looking for a Chief Engineer who will motivate, manage and oversee the entire maintenance operation, including the building, grounds, utilities, equipment including the physical plant with an attention towards safety, security and asset protection. We now have an exciting opportunity for a talented Chief Engineer to join our hotel team.
Roles and responsibilities of the Chief Engineer :
- A focus towards guests and the entire hotel’s Health and Safety as a crucial part of this role.
- Someone who will always retain the hotel and its fabric in excellent condition, ensuring the facilities, plant areas, operations and amenities are in full working order.
- Someone who can design and implement planned preventative maintenance programmes including the servicing of all plant equipment.
- A competent ‘hands on’ person who will ensure all hotel services, systems, fixtures and fittings are maintained in perfect working condition and will assure all defects are corrected promptly.
- An effective communicator who can liaise with all contract labours ensuring, service visits are recorded and that satisfactory standards of work are achieved.
- A proactive approach towards maintaining adequate levels of materials and spares to allow immediate rectification of faults and ongoing provision for the Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes.
What are a looking for:
- Experience as a Maintenance Manager in a hotel is highly desirable but not essential
- Previous experience as Assistant Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Manager is essential
- Knowledge of life safety systems.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others.
- Extensive knowledge of building trades; electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and general building practices.
- Recognised electrical or engineering qualification is desirable.
What do we offer:
Our Chief Engineer receives some excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
- Tastecard benefit
Apply now to be our new Chief Engineer !