Food and Beverage Manager
The Food & Beverage Manager is the strategic business leader of all Food & Beverage. This position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and initiatives. A hands-on role, the F&B Manager is responsible for continually focusing on building an exceptional member & guests’ relation and providing impeccable overall customer service that exceeds guest expectation. Achieving the club’s profitability through revenue generation and effective cost controls as detailed in the Club’s Business Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all bar, restaurants and F&B areas are compliant with brand standards and all team members effectively deliver high levels of service in line with the standards.
- Ensure guest satisfaction is the highest priority and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines.
- Effectively manage equipment and resources in line with budgets and guest requirements. Ensure stock levels and cleaning standards of all bars, restaurants and F&B areas are maintained.
- Oversea and maintain the purchase of food & Liquor in line with budget.
- Promote a customer focus culture within the Buckinghamshire Club, leading by example and create an engaging environment for the team and motivate employees through recognition, reward, training and development. Focus on the retention of team members.
- To be an ambassador of Buckinghamshire Golf Club, demonstrating a professional, positive, and co-operative spirit to our members, guests and fellow colleagues.
- Identify and carry out all training required for team members in line with brand standards and business objectives including the compliance of Health & Safety and licensing legislation.
- Assess and manage employee’s performance by use of reviews.
- Effectively communicate with department and the wider club house to maintain effective working relationships.
- Work closely with Head Chef to identify pertinent concepts and menu design for the outlets in line with brand standards.
- Monitor and initiate social media activities for the food and beverage outlets to generate interest and increase revenues
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers and create innovative promotions to market special menu items, increase sales and attract more visitors.
- Effectively manage cash handling and accounting procedures across all outlets with continual review and amendments as necessary.
- Carry out senior management duties as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record in a similar position within hotels.
- High service quality standards with a driven and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of working with brand standards.
- Full understanding of financial aspects, budgeting and P&L of a food and beverage operation.
- Comprehensive user of POS and inventory systems.
- Alcohol license holder(Not essential)
- Holder of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Certificates.