Finance Assistant (Office Based Role)
£24,000 per annum plus service charge*
We Treat Our Team Like Family and Our Guest Like Royalty!
As a Finance Assistant (income), you will report to AFC and will be responsible for the control and audit of revenue generated by hotel operating departments. This will involve the accurate and timely preparation of revenue and statistical reports combined with the sequential control of documentation.
As a Finance assistant you may be rotated role, so you are fully exposed to all areas of finance including Credit Control, Purchase Ledger, Income Audit, Cashiering and M&E Billing.
At InterContinental London – The O2 we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special
Our Finance Assistant (Income) will be involved with:
- Working with sales / purchase ledger
- Credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of accounts
- Processing sales orders
- Reconciliation of finance accounts
- Processing invoices & expense forms
- Following and using Accounts systems
- Providing administrative support to the team
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the company.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including advanced Excel skills, knowledge of OPERA and MD365 is preferable.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Have excellent attention to details.
- Self-directed, motivated and results-driven approach to work, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ideally studying towards CIMA, ACCA or AAT (or equivalent)
- Ideally having worked in a previous accounting role
What do we offer:
Our Finance Assistant receives excellent Company benefits:
- A very competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Pension cover
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Finance Assistant!