Upto £35,000.00 gross per annum
Set in 226 acres of beautiful English parkland, The Buckinghamshire Golf Club comprises of a Grade II listed manor house and an 18-hole championship golf in Denham country park. The golf course was established in 1992 and has recently been acquired by the Arora Group who have aspirations to improve all aspects of the club making this a fantastic time to join the team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanic responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs of all the greenkeeping equipment, vehicles and machinery both at the Buckinghamshire Golf Club and within the Arora Group estate. Our ideal candidate for the Mechanic position will have a proven track record of maintaining a wide range of golf course maintenance equipment, vehicles and plant.
- Daily setup of Machinery
- To service all machinery as per operator’s manual to maintain equipment reliability and safe use
- To repair breakdowns promptly and prioritise works in accordance to course requirements
- To sharpen all cutting units and mowing blades on a regular basis to ensure plant health through quality of cut
- Keep full detailed records of servicing and repairs.
- Maintain workshop in orderly condition, cleaning working areas after repairs are complete
- At all times, to work within the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
- Any additional duties as required to achieve the expected standard
What we are looking for:
- Proven knowledge of maintaining a wide range of Golf Course maintenance equipment and plant.
- A keen eye to detail and insist on exceptional standards of quality.
- Certification in operation and maintenance of bed knife and reel grinders, reel mowers, diesel engine diagnostics, hydraulics, after cut trouble shooting, abrasive wheels safe use, the safe use of oxy/ace
- Basic use of Microsoft Office programs
- Maths, English at GCSE grade “c” or above
- Good Communication and organisational skills
- Full UK driving licence
- 3 years' minimum in the golf course mechanics
- Have a basic understanding of the game of golf (desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (desirable but can be obtained once employed)
- 45 hours contract
What do we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Permanent contract
- Training and career opportunities
- Excellent employee facilities
- A range of Arora Group Benefits
Apply now to be our new Mechanic!