Senior Meetings & Events Planning Executive
We treat our team like family and our guest like royalty!
At the InterContinental London – The O2, we are passionate about exploration and discovery.
With our iconic location, perfectly positioned on the Greenwich Peninsula, with the River Thames and Canary Wharf as our most treasured view, our hotel is surrounded by rich history and heritage in the heart of Greenwich, London.
Our roots are timeless and we are young at heart and have the pleasure of being strongly connected to the immense creativity and buzz of The O2 Arena next door, where we often welcome guests from the many spectacular shows, to stay with us as part of their unforgettable experience.
Designed to capture a genuine sense of place, InterContinental London – The O2 features a 4,500 sqm purpose-built conference centre, including the UK’s largest pillar-free ballroom, complemented with a further 19 flexible spaces, both alfresco and indoor, providing the perfect canvas for any event.
We are now looking for a talented Senior Meeting and Events Planning Executive To ensure that events have detailed function sheets and information distributed in timely manner and all events are fully prepaid.
What will you be doing?
- Liaising between the client and the relevant departments in case of any queries
- Control the cash flow by checking the deposit payments of allocated bookings and collect payments on time
- Ensure follow up calls are made to all Meeting & Events organisers ensuring their requirements were satisfactorily dealt with and any complaints are brought to a speedy conclusion with the support of the MICE Manager
- Manage events once handed over from the Sales Team and ensure all information is compiled onto the function sheet
- Keeping in close contact with all organizers, ensuring that all their requirements are accurately recorded using every opportunity to maximize sales.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Hotel and large-scale events experience preferred
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Computer literate – Delphi/Salesforce systems preferred
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels, for you and friends and family and access to IHG employee rate discounts
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Free Meals on shift
- Pension cover
- Unrivalled Career Progeetings prospects
Apply now to be our new Senior Meetings and Events Planning Executive and join our team!