Overview of role
To ensure the efficient and profitable running of the Lounge Operation,
providing the highest standard of service to our guests.
Responsible for managing the lounge, bar and room service staff
Working full time (shifts)
Weekend and bank holiday working required.
We treat our people like family and our guests like royalty!
We are looking for a Lounge & Bar Manager to delight our guests with amazing service all day every day.
Hospitality & Service
• Meet and Greet customers, present menus, and take orders as required in a prompt and professional manner.
• Ensure guest satisfaction is the highest priority and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines.
• Ensure all complaints are handled effectively & efficiently with the result being the happiest experience for the guest and communicate action taken to the senior Management team.
• Supervise all areas of service to the customer, ensuring that guests receive the highest level of service.
• To set the standards in the Lounge in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
• To be a role model, well presented whilst on duty in accordance with the grooming & uniform standards and ensure Personal hygiene to be of the highest standard.
• Ensure the atmosphere of the unit e.g., lights, music, temperature and ambience are appropriate to our customer profile, time of day, and standards set by the General Manager.
• Ensure that the unit is effectively managed and always staffed, prioritising the overall guest experience.
• Monitor the quality of drinks, food and service to make sure they are in accordance with company standards.
• Manage the security of payment, product and equipment while on shift and report any short falls or surpluses to the F&B Manager and finance team on a handover.
• Ensure the unit is run to the company and legal regulatory standards, regarding Hygiene, Health and Safety, and Licensing.
• Whenever possible maintain flexible operating hours, adapting to unforeseen circumstances to suit business demands.
• Ensure the highest quality of food & drinks is served, and service exceeding our guest’s expectation.
• Manage and analyse financial control and stock security at all times.
• Liaise with the sales and marketing team to drive and manage marketing, promotions, and events to drive profitability.
• Undertake and carry out senior management duties as and when required.
• Set clear targets for the department and team and manage the highest standards for the customer experience.
What we are looking for:
• You are a true people’s person, with passion to delight our guests with amazing service
• You will be obsessed about brand standards, with real passion for hospitality
• You will have the ability to remain calm during difficult situations, in a very busy environment
• You have a good working knowledge of food and beverages
• Previous experience as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or Food and Beverage Assistant Manager in a hotel would be beneficial but not essential
• Competitive salary + Services Charge*
• 28 days paid holiday with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
• Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels
• Valuable Training and Development opportunities
• Uniform and Complimentary Dry Cleaning
• Free meals when on shift
• Pension cover
• Staff Accommodation (subject to availability)
• Career Progression prospects
*Service charge is dependent on hours worked and sales performance and is not guaranteed.