We treat our people like family and our guest like royalty!
Linked to Terminal 5 of Heathrow Airport, the Sofitel London Heathrow is a luxury haven that offers unrivalled facilities designed for the global traveller and a personalised service from the heart. With over 600 bedrooms, 45 meeting spaces and fine dining options, guests can indulge in – and celebrate – the French way of life at Sofitel.
Pick up your toolbox and come and join us ...
A Maintenance Electrician at the Sofitel London Heathrow is required:
- To carry out all fault finding and repair on all reactive electrical tasks through out the hotel (guest rooms, public areas, back of house and Plant rooms)
- To carry out planning preventive maintenance tasks
- To perform testing and inspection of the hotel emergency lighting system
- To perform testing and inspecting of electrical systems in accordance with industry and site standards
- To be able to carry out minor new electrical installations, commissioning and testing when required
- To work as part of the team, including under taking Guest room PPM and non electrical building maintenance works tasks when required
- Comply with company Health and safety requirements and procedures at all times
What we are looking for
- Time served skilled electrician with previous experience in the electrical maintenance field who has ability to complete a variety of hotel electrical maintenance tasks in a quick manner
- Must have City and Guilds or NVQ level 1 and 2, Level 3 desirable
- Electrical certification to 17th or 18th edition inspection and testing , (18th edition desirable)
- To be fully conversant with the electricity at work regulations at work 1989
- Must have Good customer service skills always having the customer in mind and work to the standard required
- Must Good communication skills with guests and Colleagues
- Someone who can carry out basic plumbing and non electrical basic maintenance repairs also
- Normal Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm, 24 hours per week over 3 days
- One evening shift per month will be required to carry out the external and meeting rooms emergency lighting checks
What do we offer?
- A very competitive salary
- Service charges
- 28 days paid holiday pro rota with an extra 5 days, following 5 years’ service
- Discounted hotel room rates across our hotels
- Fantastic Training and Development opportunities
- Free Meals on shift
- Unrivalled Career Progression prospects
Apply now to be our new Electrician!