Director of Operations
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We are now looking for a Director of Operations to delight our guest with amazing service all day every day. Our newly renovated hotel creates uniquely sophisticated, yet luxury and contemporary experience to guests before their journey from the Gatwick airport.
The Director of Operations is an exciting and key role within the hotel operation. Joining an exceptional team, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring all guests and visitors have a truly personalized service experience from their arrival to their departure.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for managing operations of all hotel operational departments to ensure they deliver an excellent guest experience. This includes Food and Beverage, Kitchen, Front Office, Housekeeping and Engineering. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To oversee the day to day operations and management of the hotel, working alongside Heads of Department ensuring that the delivery of hotel targets and brand standards are alive and at all times consistent
- To translate business strategy into tactical actions and targets.
- Maintain Sofitel brand standards and procedures, ensure outstanding luxury experience for all guests
- Optimise all sales opportunities
- Deputise in the absence of the General Manager
- Offer support and guidance to all reporting HODs as and when required.
- With the relevant HOD, ensure hotel compliance with regards to Health, Safety, Licensing and Employment.
- To lead and implement a culture of safety at work including all obligations related to H&S as instructed by the company
- Translate strategic business plans into considered and achievable actions.
- Communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Lead and manage senior level meetings as and when required.
- To ensure effective succession planning is carried out and that regular job chats and performance appraisals take place.
- You are a true people’s person, with passion to delight our guest with amazing service.
- You will be able to analyse finances and operations with a thorough and methodical approach.
- You will have strong motivational skills, commercial know-how, proven leadership abilities and an outgoing personality.
- You will have the ability to remain calm during challenging situations, in a very fast-paced environment
- You have a good working knowledge of food and beverages, licencing regulation, health & safety and rooms operations.
- You are a great leader and strive to develop and motivate the team.
- Previous experience as Operations Manager in a large hotel operation would be desirable
- Your focus will be service orientated, proactive and decisive.
Skills & Experience
- You will have strong operational experience, both in rooms and F&B operations, preferably in branded hotels.
- Your experience will preferably be from within high volume, fast paced hotels of 4 or 5 star quality.
- You must be able to demonstrate leadership, team management, financial awareness, excellent business acumen and brand awareness.
Apply now to be our new Director of Operations at Sofitel London Gatwick!