Maintenance Team Member
Contract Type -
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Thistle City Barbican is one of our largest London properties with 463 bedrooms, a restaurant, two bars, 13 meeting and event rooms and an Otium Health and Leisure Club. It is close to the Barbican Centre Health and also within walking distance of Shoreditch and Hoxton Square. Its proximity to The City and the Barbican Centre make for a great mix of leisure and business guests.
Our guests deserve the best and that means operating hotels with the highest standards of maintenance and upkeep. As Maintenance Operative you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a fabulous guest experience by working hard to maintain the fixtures and fittings of the building.
- Ensuring all defective fittings, breakdowns and malfunctions of equipment are fixed without delay
- Communicating effectively and working closely with other departments such as Housekeeping
- Ensuring that any emergencies are dealt with immediately and effectively minimising any serious occurrences, hazards or inconvenience to guests and colleagues alike
What we look for
- Positive, friendly individuals to join a like minded team
- NVQ electrician's qualification, experience in basic plumbing, basic carpentry, tiling and grouting skills and general handyperson skills with painting and decorating experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Total commitment to customer service
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift