39 hours per week
Drawing on the legacy of the guests who stayed here in decades past " and an inspiration to those who are yet to write their own story " Hard Rock Hotel London at Hyde Park stands alone as a haven for music lovers and cultural explorers everywhere.
Located on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, we pay tribute to former residents such as Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan and Buddy Holly with an incredible memorabilia collection and original artwork in every bedroom.
The hotel boasts an onsite Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Cocktail Bar, Hotel GMT Bar and a Rock Royalty Lounge. So, whether our guests are ready to rock London’s nightlife, enjoy a well-earned family holiday, host that all-important business meeting or indulge in a romantic evening for two, they will find everything they need " because, in the end, everyone wants to be treated like a rock star.
The Supervisor is responsible for operations, whilst on shift, for the back of house and kitchen area of the cafe.
- Manage staff schedules
- Maintain the highest standards of brand, local health, safety, and food preparation hygiene requirements.
- Support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
- Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the Cafe.
- Develop kitchen team in all aspects of kitchen execution from 100% recipe adherence to banquet service.
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
- Execute established food standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards.
- Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and food handling practices to deliver optimal quality of product to guests.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for Heart of House hourly team members using performance review tools and hold your people accountable for successful performance.
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
- Manage a diverse team ensuring a balanced and proactive approach to increasing individual potential across the team
- Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and professional growth.
- Ensure all aspects of the brand are maintained and adhered to
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
What we look for
There are no scripts to memorise, no sleepy music, no boring uniforms. We want you to bring your style, creativity and personality to work and help us deliver amplified guest service that rocks.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and for delivering exceptional customer service
- You have a fantastic personality and love helping to create great experiences
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their team.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the hospitality/retail
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift