Front of House Team Member
39 hours per week
Drawing on the legacy of the guests who stayed here in decades past " and an inspiration to those who are yet to write their own story " Hard Rock Hotel London at Hyde Park stands alone as a haven for music lovers and cultural explorers everywhere.
Located on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, we pay tribute to former residents such as Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan and Buddy Holly with an incredible memorabilia collection and original artwork in every bedroom.
The hotel boasts an onsite Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Cocktail Bar, Hotel GMT Bar and a Rock Royalty Lounge. So, whether our guests are ready to rock London’s nightlife, enjoy a well-earned family holiday, host that all-important business meeting or indulge in a romantic evening for two, they will find everything they need " because, in the end, everyone wants to be treated like a rock star.
Our Front of House Team Member is an essential point of contact for all of our guests, they will always deliver a warm welcome, ensuring guests receive a quick, efficient and professional service. The Front of House team make that all- important first impression. Taking the opportunity to really get to know the guest and anticipate their needs, they are always ready to go the extra mile for our guests.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Acting as a point of contact for guests, dealing with any queries both in person and on the phone
- Conducts a friendly and efficient check in and check out
- Ensures any arrivals requests are communicated to the relevant person and carried out
- Maintains guest profiles in the Hotel Property Management System, ensuring information is up-to-date and accurate
- Gets to know regular guests and takes steps to personalise guest stay to build guest loyalty
- Promotes upgrades and upsells hotel products and services where appropriate to drive revenue
- Has full knowledge of hotel facilities and services as well as those in the local area
- Makes arrangements for early arrivals and room moves as required
- Monitors the Reception inbox and replies to emails from guests, colleagues and third party suppliers
- Carries out handover at start and end of shift with Housekeeping and other relevant departments
- Carries out general administrative tasks including, but not limited to; Advance purchase bookings; City Ledgers; Checking rates and reservations; checking backups for bookings; Room allocations; Running credit limit reports; VIP rooms and specific requests
What we look for
There are no scripts to memorise, no sleepy music, no boring uniforms. We want you to bring your style, creativity and personality to work and help us deliver amplified guest service that rocks.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and for delivering exceptional customer service
- You have a fantastic personality and love helping to create great experiences
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift