Our guests deserve the best and that means operating hotels with the highest standards of maintenance and upkeep. As Maintenance Operative you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a fabulous guest experience by working hard to maintain the fixtures and fittings of the building.
- Ensuring all defective fittings, breakdowns and malfunctions of equipment are fixed without delay
- Communicating effectively and working closely with other departments such as Housekeeping
- Ensuring that any emergencies are dealt with immediately and effectively minimising any serious occurrences, hazards or inconvenience to guests and colleagues alike
What we look for
- Positive, friendly individuals to join a like minded team
- NVQ electrician's qualification, experience in basic plumbing, basic carpentry, tiling and grouting skills and general handyperson skills with painting and decorating experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Total commitment to customer service
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift