Kitchen Team Member
0 hours per week
Drawing on the legacy of the guests who stayed here in decades past " and an inspiration to those who are yet to write their own story " Hard Rock Hotel London at Hyde Park stands alone as a haven for music lovers and cultural explorers everywhere.
Located on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, we pay tribute to former residents such as Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan and Buddy Holly with an incredible memorabilia collection and original artwork in every bedroom.
The hotel boasts an onsite Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Cocktail Bar, Hotel GMT Bar and a Rock Royalty Lounge. So, whether our guests are ready to rock London’s nightlife, enjoy a well-earned family holiday, host that all-important business meeting or indulge in a romantic evening for two, they will find everything they need " because, in the end, everyone wants to be treated like a rock star.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
- To clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas, equipment, utensils and tableware as directed
- To ensure adherence to company and statutory regulations
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding food preparation areas, including equipment, work surfaces, canopies and filters, according to cleaning schedules
- Wash and service kitchen utensils, cooking containers, restaurant tableware (crockery, silverware, cutlery and glassware)
- Care for cleaning equipment and materials
- Carry out end-of-service procedures e.g. disposal of waste
- Report any hazards or equipment defects
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues both in the kitchen and in other departments
- Work safely, conforming to statutory and company health and safety regulations, Including; fire precautions; manual handling; chemical usage and storage; disposal of waste materials and reporting of accidents; comply with other related statutory regulations (e.g. food and hygiene)
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene at all times, with particular attention to correct storage, separation of food types, temperature control, time control, stock rotation and date labelling of all food and associated items
- Act upon feedback from guests in a timely manner
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks
What we look for
There are no scripts to memorise, no sleepy music, no boring uniforms. We want you to bring your style, creativity and personality to work and help us deliver amplified guest service that rocks.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and for delivering exceptional customer service
- You have a fantastic personality and love helping to create great experiences
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift