F&B Operations Manager
39 hours per week
Drawing on the legacy of the guests who stayed here in decades past " and an inspiration to those who are yet to write their own story " Hard Rock Hotel London at Hyde Park stands alone as a haven for music lovers and cultural explorers everywhere.
Located on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, we pay tribute to former residents such as Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan and Buddy Holly with an incredible memorabilia collection and original artwork in every bedroom.
The hotel boasts an onsite Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Cocktail Bar, Hotel GMT Bar and a Rock Royalty Lounge. So, whether our guests are ready to rock London’s nightlife, enjoy a well-earned family holiday, host that all-important business meeting or indulge in a romantic evening for two, they will find everything they need " because, in the end, everyone wants to be treated like a rock star.
Lead the Food and Beverage & Meeting and Event operations teams to maximise revenue whilst delivering consistently high levels of customer service. Covers all F&B non café operations – In room dining, Rock Royalty & M&E operations. Optimise efficiency within all outlets and meet financial targets around profit and expenditure. Accountable for controlling costs, determining the offering and driving the F&B and M&E operations to deliver in accordance with the company’s brand and service standards
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Takes overall responsibility for day to day operation of Meetings and Events operations, Rock Royalty Operations (F&B), In Room Dining & Mini Bars.
- Ensure the delivery of brand standards including monitoring and reviewing of these standards to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Identifies opportunities to increase profit and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change
- Increases revenue by creatively marketing the Food & Beverage outlets
- Optimise Sales opportunities
- Controls costs and meets financial targets set by budgets within the allocated areas including staffing levels
- Establishes, monitors and reviews standards within each outlet and ensures colleague training is carried out to achieve these standards
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitors analysing all variable factors in a holistic manner in order to effectively support pricing and strategic decisions
- Monitors customer comments, and actively solicits guest feedback in order to continually evolve product and service standards
- Maintain internal and external compliance throughout the hotel including but not limited to legal, health and safety, finance, purchasing and employment practices
- To be actively involved in hotel strategy meetings
- To ensure that direct reports are kept up to date of targets, objectives and key performance requirements and that they work collaboratively as part of the overall team within the property to deliver their individual targets
- Work with the Hard Rock Café GM and Operations teams in a collaborative manner to ensure the profitability of the hotel.
- Delivery Hard Rock International standards and compliance with the Brand Compliance requirements.
- • Establish and promote good internal relationships within your department, hotel, support office ensuring that we treat our internal customers with care and consideration.
- • Meet financial targets including profit and expenditure.
- • Has knowledge of the Fourth payroll system and rotas in line with business needs.
- • As a manager you will have access to confidential information regarding and belonging to the company. You will manage your access to this information in a professional and confidential manner.
You are responsible for the performance of your team and as such you will;
- Ensure that you are aware of and adhere to the company’s rules and procedures
- Undertake the continuous process of training and developing team members. This includes in your role the completion of; performance appraisals, succession planning and communication meetings.
- Carry out management performance and development reviews with direct reports. This applies to new starters, monthly, annual and six monthly reviews.
- Issue your team members with personal KRA’s (key result areas) to include challenging yet achievable targets in line with company KRA’s.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment of your team along with the administration required to pay them accurately and on time, whilst maintaining accurate records. You should ensure you are fully trained in the necessary applications to enable you to complete these tasks and adhere to the timelines and rules governing this areas
What we look for
There are no scripts to memorise, no sleepy music, no boring uniforms. We want you to bring your style, creativity and personality to work and help us deliver amplified guest service that rocks.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and for delivering exceptional customer service
- You have a fantastic personality and love helping to create great experiences
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Systems knowledge
- Organisational / planning skills
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Capacity to problem solve
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage Operations
- Skill in communication
- Good numeric skills
- Works well under pressure
• Knowledge of Liquor Licensing Laws (essential)
• Personal License Holder (desirable
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift