F&B Business Development Manager
Contract Type - Fixed Term
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Thistle City Barbican
Thistle City Barbican is one of our largest London properties with 463 bedrooms, a restaurant, two bars, 13 meeting and event rooms and an Otium Health and Leisure Club. It is close to the Barbican Centre Health and also within walking distance of Shoreditch and Hoxton Square. Its proximity to The City and the Barbican Centre make for a great mix of leisure and business guests.
This role is based in the hotel's RE:PLAY Bar.
You’ll be responsible for producing marketing activations, campaigns, and events for the RE:PLAY Bar. From creative briefs to budgets; from content creation to paid social media, and everything else in between. Exciting, fast-paced and fun, this role is an opportunity for someone who wants to spread their wings and produce high-profile campaigns within a fantastic work environment.
- Collaborate with the Restaurant GM to develop and execute the annual marketing plan.
- Collaborate with the F&B HOD’s to create and drive restaurant and bars marketing initiatives.
- Assist in Managing F&B 3rd party platforms and social media.
- Evaluates new marketing opportunities for the property.
- Ensures property is represented on all quality internet sites that have the potential of providing business.
- Manage creative projects with our designers and relevant agencies.
- Compile monthly marketing reports.
- Plans and supervises all photo shoots, developing shot list while keeping goals of property and brand image in mind.
- Proactively seeks and built partnerships to increase F&B revenue
What we look for
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Building internal and external relationships
- Creative in achieving results
- Genuine interest in Food and Beverage with excellent knowledge of London Food and beverage scene
- Expert in developing and executing marketing activations.
- Experience in social media management.
- Excellent presentation, sales, negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word Google preferred
- Degree in Sales & Marketing or related field OR
- at least 3 years of sales & marketing experience in a Food and Beverage focused environment
- Able to work towards tight deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Able to work independently
- Takes initiative
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident and proactive
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organization committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty
- Fixed term - 6 months contract