Groups and M&E Coordinator
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Thistle City Barbican
Thistle City Barbican is one of our largest London properties with 463 bedrooms, a restaurant, two bars, 13 meeting and event rooms and an Otium Health and Leisure Club. It is close to the Barbican Centre Health and also within walking distance of Shoreditch and Hoxton Square. Its proximity to The City and the Barbican Centre make for a great mix of leisure and business guests.
To deliver a best in class, professional booking management service for Groups, Meetings & Events (Thistle) focused on maximizing sales and revenue opportunities whilst achieving budgeted targets.
To live and breathe the company and department mission, vision and values ensuring each guest receives incredible service at all stages of the booking journey.
- To ensure all enquiries are responded to at the point of enquiry through live quoting where applicable and/or to be accountable for ensuring response times are adhered to, inline with departmental SOP.
- To be responsible for completing all 3rd party website and/or website enquiries such as CVENT, Starcite, Venue Directory etc.
- To understand the customer journey and to strive to offer a seamless and efficient exceeding customer expectations throughout
- To understand the minimum information required during the enquiry handling process, through the use of questioning techniques and listening skills, ensuring that the information gathered allows us to source an appropriate diary fit at the desired location
- To be eager to convert all types of business and have the determination to convert on the initial call and/or via the use of exceptional proposals and follow up calls using effective sales techniques
- To utilise the tools available to support in negotiation and management of your live business on the books, focusing on identifying what is important to both the customer and the business whilst utilising conversion tools available
- To have a good understanding of the different handling requirements of all types of customers including both direct & agencies, and be familiar with how to manage relationships across the two account types
- To demonstrate good understanding of the group and individual properties revenue strategies, sales plan, business mix, competitor sets and use this to guide
- you when quoting rates / availability
- To be personally responsible for following up on all enquiries and ensuring all chase activities are completed inline with company standards.
- To be actively engaged and involved in, team/departmental conversion days working towards specific growth targets and driving sales/revenue conversion
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with the National Sales Team, and to use the field sales support network to assist in conversion where required
- To be an ambassador in representing the department at various industry events where required/applicable such as Trade Shows, Exhibitions, Fam Trips etc.
- To be accountable for ensuring each group/event receives a follow up and to ensure feedback is shared with the wider teams
- To recognise and identify opportunities for new business and cross brand exposure in both new and repeat events or wider business opportunities
- To take responsibility for tracking of call volumes, lead sources and marketing promotions
- To ensure all bookings taken the previous day are reviewed for accuracy and quality. In addition to be fully prepared to discuss they key information captured at enquiry stage during daily team briefs
- To be confident with the company standard pricing matrix and to understand the pricing parameters available to you when quoting live
- To be familiar with the escalation process for overriding rates, availability stacking & denied business
- To manage and prioritize workloads to ensure tasks are completed, ensuring to engage with both colleagues and Team Manager’s for support where required
- To be accountable for ensuring all events/groups are planned in a timely manner and key updates/changes/handover effectively communicated to the Hotel teams
- To liaise with key operations team in the handover of events ensuring strong attention to detail to create a seamless booking and event experience on property
- To ensure all rooming lists are entered in a timely manner and room types and inventory closely managed
- To ensure any complaints are handled in the appropriate manner and escalated to the relevant level of management inline with department processes
- To be responsible for the tracking and retention of lost and denied business across the group portfolio by adopting a proactive sales approach to regenerating demand and providing alternatives to our customers
- To adhere to company handbook guidelines relating to data protection
- To act as a designated property champion for a single or cluster of properties ensuring the minimum standard responsibilities are adhered to inline with company SOP
- To actively increase product knowledge of the portfolio through various avenues ensuring personal accountability to support in selling the overall experience at each property
- To regularly attend FAM trips in order to maintain strong product and hotel knowledge
- To ensure you perform your daily duties in accordance with the trained and communicated standards and lead by example in developing a customer focused engaging service driven hospitality offering to our guests and internal colleagues
- To take an active role in reviewing the PACE data ensuring need properties are discussed on calls with customers consistently in order to maximise revenue targets
- To ensure all costs and savings for each group or event are accurately documented.
- To take accountability for ensuring all documentation referencing financial information is accurately calculated and presented to customer
- To be knowledgeable in the understanding of group Terms & Conditions relating to Reservations, Meetings & Events
- To personally ensure financial accuracy in the forecasting of revenue costs entered into booking management systems in order to provide detailed forecasting
- To be proficient in the use of the Group’s Customer Credit portfolio as well as understand payment processes/options in order to advise the customer effectively.
- To be well versed in providing local property knowledge, ranging from Geographical Location, Local Attractions, Food & Beverage Offerings, Transport Links, room types, property facilities, bedroom policies etc
- To be actively aware and take ownership for reviewing all Room & Revenue related data/reports to remain up to date with team performance and budget
- To personally ensure self-management of calls offered ensuring telephone handling targets are delivered through efficient time management, striving for zero tolerance on abandoned calls
- To engage and contribute in monthly 1:1 review meetings with line manager ensuring personal accountability is taken to understand both personal and business performance. Recognising the areas of development required for future growth along with specific objectives/targets
- To ensure service delivery of enquiry management represents the company vision, values and standards in order to drive customer loyalty and promote the services of the department
- To ensure entry standards and system usage are inline with company SOP
- To attend and contribute to regular value added learning and development sessions carried out by your HOD or specialist within the business to support both business performance and personal learning.
- Take an active role in enhancing and taking ownership for your own continuous personal development.
What we look for
- Have previous experience in a similar role within a four star hotel or venue
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to train others would be an Advantage
- Have a passion and drive for sales and commercial success
- Be able to form professional relationships quickly
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering or similar computer system is essential
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty