HR Business Partner
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Thistle City Barbican is one of our largest London properties with 463 bedrooms, a restaurant, two bars, 13 meeting and event rooms and an Otium Health and Leisure Club. It is close to the Barbican Centre Health and also within walking distance of Shoreditch and Hoxton Square. Its proximity to The City and the Barbican Centre make for a great mix of leisure and business guests.
Thistle hotels are looking for an inspirational and passionate individual to come and join our HR team. We offer all of our colleagues the highest standards of HR support and our vision is to enable each and every person in our business to perform to the best of their ability.
As HR Business Partner you will be responsible for embedding company strategy and providing professional HR guidance and support to internal client groups with the ultimate objective of adding value to the business.
Key focus areas include:
- Talent Management; providing support with talent reviews, personal development and driving succession planning
- Employee Engagement; advocating the power of employee engagement as a means of improving performance and customer service
- Performance Management; ensuring that strategic and operational goals are clear to all
- Influencing skills; you must be able to influence senior managers within the business therefore you must display excellent communication and organisation skills and be self motivated.
In exchange for your commitment and skills, you will have the opportunity to work in a lively, professional environment and develop your career within an innovative and growing company.
What we look for
- Previous generalist HR experience (essential)
- Retail, leisure or hospitality experience
- Significant knowledge of specific HR areas such as engagement, employee relations, talent management, performance management and recruitment
- A passion for people management
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
What's in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift