We are looking for a Group Facilities & Safety Manager to join glh in a critical senior role, responsible for group-wide property facilities and safety and reporting directly to te Property Director.
As Group Facilities and Safety Manager you will be provide support to the hotel properties for all aspects of property maintenance, including engineering and maintenance and for Health & Safety (with exception of Food Safety) and Security. The position will be primarily based at the London Support Office and across the London hotels, with some national travel.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
• Development and management of group-wide programme for all planned, cyclical and reactive maintenance (including statutory)
• Ensure central visibility to maintenance budgets, including capital and planned preventative and reactive maintenance (PPM) budgets
• Work closely with the Property team to develop 1,3 and 5 year capital maintenance plans (management of the plan and projects lies with the Property team)
• Development and Management of all group-wide guidelines, policies and procedures related to Health & Safety (H&S), including Fire Safety, Security and Operational Incident Management
• Ensure that all Security and Health & Safety and Incident Management programmes and policies are implemented at the hotel level in accordance with glh policy and procedure, including development of training initiatives as required
• Ensure that hotels are compliant with statutory regime (such as Water Quality, Fire Safety, asbestos etc.) and therefore any suggested corrective work is actioned accordingly
• Review, develop and direct statutory maintenance programmes ensuring equipment is maintained in compliance with relevant codes of practise and regulations, supporting hotels in dealing with enforcing authorities where required
• Work closely with the glh internal procurement function to jointly develop and manage regular competitive tendering plans for all third party PPM, H&S, Security, Quality and Maintenance suppliers
• Manage on an ongoing basis, all central PPM, H&S, Security, Quality and Maintenance suppliers and advisors, ensuring contract compliancy in terms of service and commercials and also acting as an escalation channel to the hotels as required
• Develop and manage the relationship with glh’s third party audit partner, also working in collaboration with the Internal Audit Team accordingly
• Participate as a key role within the Risk Management Committee for all matters relating to Incident Management, H&S (with exception of Food Safety) and Security. Critically providing strategic advice on the implications of current and emerging Security and H&S legislation
• Preparing monthly and quarterly reports for executive management on incidents related to Security and H&S matters
• Own and manage the implementation of glh’s Property Maintenance system, ensuring that is maintained and utilised as required by the hotel community
• Provide technical and engineering advice and support to hotel General Managers and hotel maintenance teams as required
• Provide support to the hotel General Managers in ensuring the right teams and expertise is in place at hotel level (involvement in organisational and resource decision-making)
• Develop, implement and manage energy conservation and environmental programs for the group, including any statutory programmes such as ESOS
What we look for
• Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) / Certified Facilities Manager (CBIFM)
• Relevant Property Management Degree / Certification
• Demonstrable and proven experience of working in a senior and supervisory role in Estate Management across large scale property portfolios.
• Demonstrable and proven experience of working commercially, ‘client-side’ and within the high-end Hospitality industry.
● Demonstrable and proven track record of major incident management balancing both the needs of the business and regulatory requirements
● Strong experience in major H&S topics, risk assessment and safe systems of work, safe task design, work equipment and hazardous substances.
● Demonstrable and proven experience in developing and promoting behavioural safety and culture change
● Demonstrable and proven experience in policy development, implementation and review, process development, legislative compliance
• Demonstrable and proven experience in analysing audit and management information e.g. analytical tools / systems development and data analysis, performance monitoring and reporting
• NEBOSH / IOSH H&S qualifications advantageous
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift