Working in the HR Shared Services Centre, within a CoE HR model, you will be responsible for specific HR processes and transactions in the company and work closely with others and prioritise to meet deadlines. The key purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient accurate HR (feeding into Payroll) administration service for all matters relating to future, current or former employees ensuring SLA’s are met or exceeded in accordance with internal controls and statutory requirements.
Key requirements for the ideal candidate are that they must have a good level of numeracy and attention to detail. The individual will need to have excellent communication skills in order to handle any queries from other departments and have had experience in a similar HR/Payroll position. The ability to meet deadlines and deliver a high level of customer service when working under pressure is also a must. The candidate will have a good working knowledge of MS office packages, excellent Excel skills, Google docs experience and previous use of computerised HRIS & Payroll systems
The ideal fit for this role would be someone who thrives in a small team within a fast paced, high transaction volume environment.
Provide a service focussed experience through the timely and accurate completion of queries and activities relating to:
● Processing job requisitions and advertising of vacancies
● Processing new starters, leavers and changes to employment contracts.
● To prepare Contracts of Employment and manage related processes.
● Immigration management e.g. ensuring all employees have the relevant Right to Work and are legally compliant.
● To apply for and monitor references for new starters.
● Produce correspondence for all changes to employee terms and conditions as directed.
● Process data to required payroll deadlines.
● Work closely with the Payroll department to ensure pay issues are resolved effectively
● Provide helpdesk support for HR/Payroll management system.
● To action employment references including requests for, employment, security and mortgage.
● Action statutory processes e.g. Maternity, Paternity.
● Maintain Employee Files (electronic).
● To ensure requests for ad hoc reports are processed in a timely manner.
● To issue Long Service Award certificates and Long Service letters prior to the start of each month.
● To ensure all incoming documentation relating to employees is uploaded to their employee record, such as sick notes, disciplinary notes, appraisals, 4, 8 and 12 week reviews.
● To provide accurate reports to domestic and international offices.
● Participate in projects and assignments as required.
● Deal with and direct general enquiries accordingly.
● Efficient distribution and recording of post for the HRSSC Team.
● To assist other departments during emergencies or as deemed necessary by HRBPs / HoDs.
● Carry out other duties and tasks outside normal routines but within the overall scope of the job.
● Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation at all times
● Able to provide support to data modelling and analysis of HR information
● Provide support to the annual pay review process
What we look for
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Excellent attention to detail with good numeracy skills
● Excellent data management, reporting and Excel skills
● Knowledge of HRIS & Payroll systems
● Able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service
● Ability to remain calm under pressure
● Assertive yet approachable
● Committed to providing accurate and timely output
● Able to work well within a team
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift