Head of Marketing
39 hours per week
The Hard Rock Hotel is a 4-star deluxe hotel in the West End of London, just off Oxford Street. The hotel offers a combination of contemporary design throughout 1019 bedrooms, as well as meeting rooms and the modern Brasserie restaurant. The hotel also has its own destination Momentus bar, as well as a dedicated conference centre.
The Head of Marketing (HOM) will be the main point of contact for multiple stakeholders including the Marketing/ Commercial Director, the General Manager for HRHL, the glh Exec team, Hard Rock International, Marketing & Communications Manager & Marketing Exec
The HOM will lead and inspire a small team to create and deliver the marketing strategy for HRHL in line with glh strategy and Hard Rock guidelines across the hotel, the café and the shop. Together this team will exceed expectations and push the boundaries to ensure we never settle for average.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Creation and delivery of strategic 3 year plan and detailed 1 year budget plan (for hotel, café and shop)
- Stakeholder management/ influencing including approvals from HRI
- Creation of communication & media plan
- CRM campaign management
- Maximizing website performance including plan for recruitment (including PPC &SEO optimization) & retention
- Establishment of strategic partnerships
- Tracking of performance & reporting
- Overall budget management
- Line management/ coaching
What we look for
- Proactive decision making, Considered thought processes. Courage
• Results Orientation:
- Deliver against brand and financial objectives.
- Regular tracking and updates of progress.
• Living our values:
- Progressive, Passionate, Doing The Right Thing
• Team Development:
- Develop strong & proactive collaboration within different parts of business & with our partnership agencies.
- Marketing representative at key cross functional commercial review meetings
• People Development:
- Provide clear and motivating development plan & provide on going coaching for line report (Marketing & Communications Manager)
• Strategic Vision:
- Provide clear vision for the brand (hotel & café) and strategies to achieve it.
- Achieve buy in throughout business
• Brand Leadership:
- Contribute to differentiated brand positioning & brand world.
- Champion the brand’s personality & performance, bringing to life through engaging communications plan including social media
- Lead development of new strategic partnerships relevant to target customer
- Prioritisation of initiatives ensuring both business & team objectives are met
• Brand Activation:
- Ensuring relevant engaging assets & tools are available across all areas of the business as well as all identified touchpoints along the customer journey.
- Establishment of full 360 activation plan across hotel & café
- Drives the deep understanding of the HRHL guest and ensures this insight is considered in all HRHL meetings
- Awareness & sharing of industry & customer trends
- Create an environment where new ideas can be explored & implemented to keep the HRHL energy alive!
- Not afraid to do things differently and challenge status quo
• Analytical Skills
- Proactive tracking of performance. Identify opportunities and challenges, and provide recommendation for remedial action
• Project Management
- Planning & organization including meeting of deadlines
• Business acumen
- Ensuring all activities are considered with business lens. Aware of financial implications
• Relationship building:
- Key stakeholders: Marketing/ Commercial Director, the General Manager for HRHL, the glh Exec team, Hard Rock International, Marketing & Communications Manager, Marketing Exec
A global mind set and awareness, multicultural understanding, and the ability to fully cover a diverse set of businesses and clients
8 years + experience in Marketing leadership roles within a branded service or retail industry including experience dealing and negotiating with heavyweight suppliers, balancing company and customer requirements and demonstrating delivery of commercial campaigns and results.
Education/ Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and extensive work related experience
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift