- To ensure that the needs of all M&E clients are met and exceeded from initial enquiry through the event to close of billing and follow up.
- To actively promote the property and maximise opportunities to sell meeting space, both through pro active selling and via exceptional customer service
- To lead and Mange Meeting & Event Sales Executives
What we look for
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Comply with data protection and all related policies
- Take enquiries and bookings for all meeting rooms in an efficient manner and encourage maximum sales revenue for the overall profitability of the Hotel and in line with Company standards.
- Record all information systematically using the appropriate event enquiry form and sales enquiry summary.
- Promote and encourage full usage of all facilities within the hotel to maximise sales.
- Engage in showrounds of potential customers.
- Liaise closely with the operations team to ensure that rooms are properly set out and clients expectations are met.
- Be present to meet and greet clients as appropriate.
- Ensure that released and cancelled enquiry forms are recorded and filed for future business opportunities.
- To be proactive with sales activities.
- Contact guests who have used the hotel meetings and events facilities to maintain profile using the post event/conference questionnaires.
- Oversee and maintain an effective historic, current and follow up filing system.
- Prepare mailing lists and mail merges.
- Maintain an up to date stock of sales literature and stationery.
- Follow up for signed contracts direct with customers.
- Produce a detailed function sheet on a weekly basis.
- Order required conference equipment.
- Produce and issue standard offer letters, confirmation letters and contracts.
- Ensure correct accounting instructions are in place for all invoices and that agent and company profiles are attached to PM rooms where appropriate and to ensure that all charges are posted correctly.
- Assist with the forecasting of business ensuring that rates are maximised during strong periods and the relevant action is taken place in order to improve performance during weak periods.
- Attend weekly strategy meetings and Function sheet meetings
- Identify any new business opportunities and ensure they are developed through all sales channels.
- Complete the M&E conversion report on a monthly basis.
- Be responsible for and manage the M&E diary.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks.
- Fully understand equipment and systems in the M&E Sales area.
- Reports Health and Safety hazards immediately to line manager.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift