Contract Type - Permanent
40 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Thistle City Barbican
Thistle City Barbican is one of our largest London properties with 463 bedrooms, a restaurant, two bars, 13 meeting and event rooms and an Otium Health and Leisure Club. It is close to the Barbican Centre Health and also within walking distance of Shoreditch and Hoxton Square. Its proximity to The City and the Barbican Centre make for a great mix of leisure and business guests.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
- To Identify and action bookings errors and special requests ahead of the guests arrival, to enable a flawless check-in experience and prevent revenue loss.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Guest Experience & loyalty
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Keep updated with hotel product knowledge.
- Ensure profiles are managed correctly for future guest stays, ensuring they reflect stay frequency.
- Action traces set for reservations admin in a timely manner and set traces for other departments to facilitate guest requests.
- Maintain and update guest / company / agent profiles in line with the reservations business process as appropriate.
- To ensure that guest information remains confidential and is not given to unauthorised persons.
- Complete arrival checks to ensure all reservations are accurately loaded, data entry standards for Opera are maintained and guest requests have been managed.
- Make sure task list is completed and signed by line manager.
- Review reservations made to ensure quality of entry.
Commercial and Financial
- Ensure all billback requests to company and agents have credit and an AR set-up in Opera.
- Review no-shows and process charges.
- Review cancellations and process charges.
- Update and manage third party extranet sites to ensure all transaction balance with Opera.
- Ensure individual 3rd party authorisation forms are completed for pre-paid third party reservations.
- Process prepayments and deposits for specific rate codes. Any failed payments are investigated.
- Support reception/finance with correspondence or queries relating to Paymasters in Opera
- Managing out of order and out of service rooms effectively, to maximise revenue potential.
- Work with the hotel revenue executive/manager to resolve any rate code issues.
- Establish and promote good internal relationships within your department, Hotel or Support Office, ensuring that we treat our customers and colleagues with care and consideration.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the Company’s service standards as defined in employee induction
- You are responsible for your own Learning and Development and as such you will;
- Ensure that you are aware of and adhere to the company’s rules and procedures
- Engage with the continuous process of training and development including your role in the completion of Reviews; one-to-ones and Performance appraisals.
- Complete and comply with all relevant training (including Company policies, Company procedures and policies specific to your place of work). These include, but are not limited to; Health & Safety, Fire, COSHH, Food Safety and Licensing, Fire Procedures, Bomb Procedure and Premises Licensing arrangements. Training may take place via the Company e-learning system or by other means.
- You may have an element of multi-skilling within your current role / department and be able to adapt to other relevant departments to enhance your own development within the Hotel.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with glh standard operating procedures
- Participate in corporate activities and meetings as required.
- Ensure your workplace is clean and all equipment prepared for the next day.
- Carries out any other reasonable tasks.
- Reports Health and Safety hazards immediately to line manager.
What we look for
Very good attention to detail
Highly guest focussed with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under time constraints
Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team
Display flexibility and resilience
Can demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
Highly Guest Focussed with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty