Kitchen Team Member
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
At Thistle Piccadilly, we don't have a specific mould that we want our employees to fit to. Instead, we believe in hiring people who are passionate about welcoming our guests and making them feel at home as we are. We're looking for enthusiastic, hard-working people who want to grow both personally and professionally. Sound like you? Keep reading!
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
- To clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding areas, equipment, utensils and tableware as directed
- To ensure adherence to company and statutory regulations
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Clean and maintain the kitchen and surrounding food preparation areas, including equipment, work surfaces, canopies and filters, according to cleaning schedules
- Wash and service kitchen utensils, cooking containers, restaurant tableware (crockery, silverware, cutlery and glassware)
- Care for cleaning equipment and materials
- Carry out end-of-service procedures e.g. disposal of waste
- Report any hazards or equipment defects
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues both in the kitchen and in other departments
- Work safely, conforming to statutory and company health and safety regulations, Including; fire precautions; manual handling; chemical usage and storage; disposal of waste materials and reporting of accidents; comply with other related statutory regulations (e.g. food and hygiene)
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene at all times, with particular attention to correct storage, separation of food types, temperature control, time control, stock rotation and date labelling of all food and associated items
- Act upon feedback from guests in a timely manner
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks
What we look for
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Resilient - with the ability to work in a fast - paced environment and adapt to changing business demands.
- Passionate about food, with an eye for culinary detail and skill in food preparation.
- Capable of maintaining a consistently high level of food presentation.
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 1 (desirable)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty