40 hours per week
Would you like to work in spacious, contemporary hotel close to World Heritage Sites; Tower Bridge and The Tower of London? The Tower Hotel is a 4 star deluxe Hotel overlooking the Thames, next to Tower Bridge. The hotel's 801 bedrooms, restaurants, bars and 19 meeting rooms benefit from stunning views over Tower Bridge and St Katharine Docks.
Our ambition is to become the world's best-managed hospitality company, delivering the best guest-centred experience in the industry. Our Radical Hosting service ethos underpins everything we do and gives us a unique position in the industry. We aim to lead not only in guest satisfaction, but also in employee engagement and believe in a ‘never worry alone’ culture and three simple words that define the way we work, passion, integrity & honour.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Deliver a warm welcome and ensure that all internal and external guests receive a quick, efficient and professional Front of House experience. Take reservations for all Hotel accommodation through all relevant booking channels, in line with the company Brand Standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Get to know regular guests and take steps to personalise guest stay to build guest loyalty.
- Keep updated with hotel information including functions and VIP’s staying in-house.
- Be able to recommend and give information on local attractions, theatres etc and make booking and reservations as requested by guests as well as being aware of current events taking place in the local area
- Drive revenue by upselling products to all guests.
- Ensure all correspondence checks are completed for the following day and ensure all reservations are accurate.
- Assist Front Office and Finance with all related reservation correspondence Ensure all company and agents booked in at the hotel have credit where applicable.
- Carry out daily check of on the day arrivals to ensure that rates are correct.
- Assist Meeting and Events and Front Office in booking of day use and syndicate rooms.
- Make sure all Advance Purchase reservations are charged.
- Update and manage third party extranet sites as required.
- Maintain and update guest / company / agent profiles in line with the reservations business process.
- Send out Proposals, Contracts and Pro-forma invoices ensuring payments are received
- Be responsible for Group bookings and all relevant process regarding these bookings
- Compile group sheet and ensure necessary information is passed out to relevant departments.
What we look for
- Highly Guest Focussed with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
- Comfortable in a font line role facing the public
- Empathetic and able to build relationships
- An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the brand and glh
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift