Category Manager - Premises & Utilities
Contract Type - Temporary (Fixed Term Contract)
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
This role will be to support the Head of Procurement in delivering a set project list in the facilities, Maintenance & Utilities categories.
The category manager will be responsible for developing and executing these projects from start to finish including any implementation required. They will use procurement best practise and act as a business partner to hotels and other central functions. They will be a subject matter expert in facilities, maintenance and utilities procurement, advising on strategic sourcing strategies, compliance and risk management.
They will lead the tender process and will negotiate commercial agreements that optimise the balance between cost and service delivery. They will be the lead Procurement support to glh hotels in all aspects of Facilities, Maintenance & Utilities Procurement and work closely with key stakeholder functions and hotel leadership teams. The successful candidate will be able to influence at all levels and will have significant experience within this area of procurement.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / MAIN DUTIES:
- Develop, champion and implement strategies that will optimise total spend for assigned categories
- Contribute to the delivery of the Procurement teams annual benefits target and broader objectives
- Consolidate/ rationalise the supply base and develop a preferred supplier list
- Ensure contracts are in place with all key suppliers
- Monitor, measure and manage supplier performance and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers
- Work with the Head of Procurement and wider Procurement team to streamline and improve sourcing processes
- Track forecasted vs actual savings for the Facilities, Maintenance & Utilities Categories and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
- Monitor contract compliance and work with business unit leadership to reduce leakage spend
- Manage supplier development/relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
- Develop negotiation strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Use the procurement systems to drive improvement of procurement efficiency and effectiveness
- Remain up to date with market trends; identify and communicate new innovation in products, services and technologies
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behaviour exhibited by the organisation is at the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories.
- Collaborate effectively across different organisational levels, functions, and hotels to realise procurement goals and objectives.
- Analyse supplier spend data and report as required
- Conduct market research on category trends, rates and best practise
- Ensure all suitable cost controls are in place and managed on an annual basis, eg. Inflation
- Develop reporting to track hotel compliance to central suppliers
- Review potential contractor management systems and develop business case as agreed with the Head of Procurement
- Build partnerships with key suppliers to increase value, minimise risk and deliver measurable and tangible ROI
- Optimise every sourcing decision to get maximum value from critical purchases
What we look for
- Full CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualified preferred but not mandatory and educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year track record as a category manager who is a specialist in Facilities, Maintenance & Utilities
- Experience in developing a category strategy and delivering against this
- Able to work in a matrix environment and confidently take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Has the ability to influence and build confidence at all levels
- Results oriented and highly commercial
- Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple stakeholder groups (internal and external) and at all leadership levels
- Strong supplier management, understanding how to use external expertise/ operators and manage external suppliers
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift