glh Hotels has an outsourced Payroll Bureau service. In addition, each hotel has a local Payroll Administrator (who is usually a member of the hotel’s Finance department and who has other Finance responsibilities in addition to payroll).
As well as being the outsourced payroll provider, our payroll system also includes modules for HR, Rotas, Payroll, Pensions and Time and Attendance, with other module options in the pipeline.
As glh's Payroll Manager your primary focus will be management of the overall payroll end to end process, including the management of the relationship with the outsource provider and acting as a central co-ordinator and reference point for all on-site payroll activity.
The Payroll Manager must ensure that the service delivery from the outsource provider is according to the agreed specification and terms of reference and processes are managed as efficiently as possible whilst adhering to stringent compliance requirements.
The role will also be instrumental in the review of existing systems, processes and work-flows that achieve longer-term visions for a Centre of Excellence. Working closely with the Head of Shared Services, Payroll and Reward, to whom this role reports, and other key stakeholders, the job holder will be given freedom to develop future processes and identify system functionality that will expand the service into the business and identify other areas of system and process improvements and ways of promoting and developing the payroll service.
What we look for
- Significant and appropriate experience of managing a payroll function
- Significant and appropriate experience of managing an outsourced payroll service
- Experience of high volume payroll administration (preferably in a shared service environment)
- Experience of managing compliance transactions
- Experience of managing pensions and liaison with pensions providers
- Experience of managing change involving people, process and wider business stakeholders
- High degree of numeracy with the ability to effectively analyse and report back on data
- Strong knowledge of Payroll systems is essential
- Proven track record of influencing and implementing change and process improvements to include strengths in relationship management
- High level of attention to detail and analytical approach required
- Proactive, organised, flexible and tenacious approach with the ability to work in complex work environments
- Able and willing to work in a hands-on capacity, as well as having supervisory responsibilities
- Solution-orientated with the ability to overcome regular obstacles whilst maintaining a position can do attitude
- Strong people management experience with an enthusiastic, resilient approach
- Passionate about quality payroll practices and instil an ethos of right first time with all parties
- Extensive knowledge of HR linked payroll systems is essential
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is essential
- Good working knowledge of G suites is highly desirable
- Strong ability to articulate issues for resolution by other parties
- Strong ability to manage relationships with third party providers whilst ensuring a positive and constructive relationship is maintained
- Strong customer and colleague relation and influencing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes