Information Security Officer
Contract Type - Fixed Term
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Euston Office
Our Hotel Support Office a modern office located close to Warren Street and Euston Square in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
We are currently looking for an Information Security Officer to join glh Hotels at our Central London support office.
This is a new role within the Technology team and a great opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark in this challenging area. The primary purpose of this role will be to help strengthen glh’s information security procedures from a technical perspective.
Reporting directly to the Senior Business Systems Manager you will participate in and manage implementation activities and projects initiated for GDPR and PCI projects.
What we look for
- Acting as point of escalation for all IT Security issues and exceptions
- Ensuring effective and efficient communication and coordination of security requirements and decisions
- Develop and maintain an Information Security programme to assist with glh’s compliance efforts. This should include periodic supplier reviews, due diligence, data mapping, and policy drafting on key areas relating to PCI and Security
- Implement a communications and awareness strategy and plan to develop stakeholder awareness of the importance of Information Security
- Manage & participate in implementation activities and manage the full execution of projects initiated for all other technical security requirements
- Be responsible embedding and maintaining evidence of glh implementing ‘privacy by design and default’, in system designs, technology lifecycles as well as generating and maintaining system maps, data flow diagrams, asset inventories, data governance policies and processes.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the company’s obligations in relation to technical security, GDPR and PCI requirements and assist in driving project and business team members to achieve them.
- Staying abreast of new cyber security threats and technology as well as changes in the business or legal/regulatory environment and advising the Head of Technology and Risk/Audit team appropriately.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to act as mediator and subject matter expert for them on Information Technology Security topics and Data Governance practices. Ensuring a common understanding of Information technology/data security risks and their implications for GLH and its customers.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes